Matt Ritchie - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Matt Ritchie

kmcca5

Jagtag just because you disagree with me that doesn't make my view a pile of tosh.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it right. It is in fact a pile of tosh as agreed by millions of people, governments, football associations and other authorities all over the world.

just because you happen to be born somewhere doesn't mean you have to consider yourself that nationality.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A load of bollocks from Gannon there. I'm by no means a fundamentalist on eligibility, but if you're backing it up with assertions like "most of us would rather play for Brazil than Scotland" then you're talking out yer arse.

There's no team I'd rather play for than Scotland, and I'm sure that goes for all football players who identify as Scottish more than anything else.

Good for you, thats magic to hear. However I doubt that you are a dual national, and even if you were I dont think you can speak on behalf of all people who were born in one country but have a parent from another one.

16 pages :-))

Edited by 1320lichtie

His Dad's from Edinburgh, so that's fine by me! I think you can be born in one country but feel much more affinity to the one your parents are from.

The only problem I have with this story and most of the psuedo scots that have played for us recently is this:

I heard that he's never even visited Scotland.....If that's true then he or his Father can't feel very Scottish at all?

Of course, it could be a pile o'pish in which case it's fine!

I think when you have to start checking passports, or have a Grandad/Grandma that's Scottish but you've never visited, then how can you 'feel' Scottish?

If WGS thinks he's good enough thats fine by me. The problem with the previous manager is that we had a team full of englishmen, so much so that the scottish based palyers were being overlooked.

You ahve to be better than we have got already, so this boy must be some player. Look at Anya nobody seen hime coming before he played and what a player he has turned out to be.

In GOrd we trust

If WGS thinks he's good enough thats fine by me. The problem with the previous manager is that we had a team full of englishmen, so much so that the scottish based palyers were being overlooked.

Team full of Englishmen???? McGregor, Caldwell, Berra, Hutton, Brown, Fletcher, Miller, Naismith all regular starters under Levein... Add in Mulgrew, Wilson, Bannan, Adam, Whitaker, Gordon, Mulgrew etc..... It was never as bad as folk made out, and guys like Russell Martin, Bardsley and Morrison have went on to improve the team....

The lad Wallace who played centre-back for Monaco against Arsenal looked decent. Presume his eligibility is being checked given it's the area of the pitch where we have the most need.

Hahaha I like your thinking! I had a wee check on him after I saw his name too! :-)):ok:

Brazilian I think, unfortunately :angry::-))

Good for you, thats magic to hear. However I doubt that you are a dual national, and even if you were I dont think you can speak on behalf of all people who were born in one country but have a parent from another one.

16 pages :-))

Strawman argument.

I'm talking about Gannon's assertion that a Scottish person - with no connection to Brazil at all - would rather play football for Brazil than for Scotland because Brazil are a better team.

Edited by adamntg

Just because you believe something doesn't make it right. It is in fact a pile of tosh as agreed by millions of people, governments, football associations and other authorities all over the world.

just because you happen to be born somewhere doesn't mean you have to consider yourself that nationality.

Exactly. My Dad was posted down to England when I was born. Does that make me English?

My brother was born in Edinburgh 3 years later, is he more Scottish?

J

Exactly. My Dad was posted down to England when I was born. Does that make me English?

J

Exactly, only one person can answer that question. Some people just spout shite thinking they can dictate to other people about their nationality.

Matt Gilks

Phil Bardsley Russel Martin Liam Cooper Danny Fox

Matt Phillips James Morrison Liam Bridcutt Matt Ritchie

Jordan Rhodes Chris Martin

Some subs

Jay McEveley (still playing)

Kris Commons

Jamie Mackie

Peter Pawlett

Craig Mackail Smith

Nigel Quashie (still playing too!)

Edited by binobear