Mccall Takes Rangers Job - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccall Takes Rangers Job

One thing people who have worked with him say he's a good people person / man manager.

People said that about McCoist once upon a time.

On your other point, Cathro is the name that a lot of people are throwing about and he's the type of person I'd like to see us go for. Might be bollocks but apparently he supports Rangers so that may give us an advantage in going for him as imagine he'll be on a few clubs radar.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People said that about McCoist once upon a time.

On your other point, Cathro is the name that a lot of people are throwing about and he's the type of person I'd like to see us go for. Might be bollocks but apparently he supports Rangers so that may give us an advantage in going for him as imagine he'll be on a few clubs radar.

From what I've read about him, he also seems to be a pretty sensible guy - so until the club gets itself sorted out, I can't see him wanting to go anywhere near Ibrox. Esecially as he's likely to get other offers

McCall isn't the long term answer IMO. I imagine most of the bears think that too - a Cathro or the likes is what I'd want if I was a fan. A step into the unknown is something refreshing (like with us re RD). Christ, you guys need it!

I'm stunned he hasn't got a reaction though. One thing people who have worked with him say he's a good people person / man manager. It's starting to look like the players are gone.

Tomorrow well tell the story. Grind out something & it might not be game over. A goal down early, the players chuck it / lose the plot again, it's another year in the Championship.

Agree with this. Cathro is a name that has been mentioned although might well be wishful think as the story seems to have been plucked from thin air.

As you say we need a complete over haul. I do know that our youth set up is going to be looked at , certainly the guy that is now in charge is looking to put his own stamp on things. Won't change over night of course but will watch with interest to see how it develops.

Agree with this. Cathro is a name that has been mentioned although might well be wishful think as the story seems to have been plucked from thin air.

As you say we need a complete over haul. I do know that our youth set up is going to be looked at , certainly the guy that is now in charge is looking to put his own stamp on things. Won't change over night of course but will watch with interest to see how it develops.

I've heard rumours that both Martin Ferguson and Ewan Chester have been approached regarding scouting roles. Not sure how much is in it mind you.

I can't see Cathro coming anywhere near Rangers IMHO.

Quite happy with McCall for the forseeable future, he'll do fine in the championship next year.

Or me.

I'm happy with him until the end of the season. Would personally like to see us take a gamble on a younger coach with fresh ideas. As has been mentioned the entire approach/system needs looked at. I think guys like McCall are too steeped in the 'fans demand success at a club like Rangers' and as such will play it safe when it comes to the transfer policy and blooding youngsters.

He very much strikes me as liking to work with guys he has before. That 'old pals act' is exactly the kind of thing we should be moving away from IMO.

Anyway it is what it is. McCall was s favourite player of mine. Fantastic pro and I do have a soft spot for Motherwell so was always chuffed to see them finishing high up the league under him. As such I'm willing to give him a chance. No choice now anyway.

If McCall can turn this mob around, he'll fully deserve a year or two to put his own stamp on the club.

He was also very quick to praise Hearts on their success and to acknowledge the young management team at Tynecastle, which I think was a nice touch.

Still a ways to go though, but will be interesting to see how he develops the team and handles potential playoff games.

TT

Enjoyed the game today!

Probably should have been four or five up by halftime but for some poor finishing. Got the goal then squandered a few easier to score than miss chances only for Moshni to do what Moshni does and gift a goal to the opposition. Thankfully McCall is building a team with far more dynamism and determination and three goals in the last ten minutes made sure the score more than reflected the superiority on the field!

Some nice performances from a couple of the youth players and good to see Lee Wallace get back to being the player he was a few years ago. Good outing for Templeton too, and dare I say it but a strong performance by Lee McCulloch at the centre of the defence!!

Results elsewhere couldn't have gone better!! :ok:

TT

I was far too busy on the first day of the flat and the Dubai World Cup but if Tartan Teddy is happy then I'm happy.

I thought it was an International weekend and the big teams weren't playing-Who won ?

Christ, how long does it take you to change a flat??

:D

TT

Enjoyed the game today!

Probably should have been four or five up by halftime but for some poor finishing. Got the goal then squandered a few easier to score than miss chances only for Moshni to do what Moshni does and gift a goal to the opposition. Thankfully McCall is building a team with far more dynamism and determination and three goals in the last ten minutes made sure the score more than reflected the superiority on the field!

Some nice performances from a couple of the youth players and good to see Lee Wallace get back to being the player he was a few years ago. Good outing for Templeton too, and dare I say it but a strong performance by Lee McCulloch at the centre of the defence!!

TT

Cant believe we dropped points up at Raith. Battered them especially first half. In your lots hands now!

Cant believe we dropped points up at Raith. Battered them especially first half. In your lots hands now!

Was surprised at that (and obviously pleased).

We're seeing a weekly improvement in the way the team is set out and the overall movement and pace has really improved. Passing out of defence rather than the punt and chance is also a vast improvement. But we still lack a killer instinct up front and there are still moments when the defence implodes - Moshni today being a good example.

I think in another three or four weeks McCall will have a settled team and hopefully progression will have continued at the current pace but I think most Rangers fans would agree that it's far from certain that we can make it through the play-offs. The team coming through the third and fourth place playoff will have some momentum and I think that will be advantageous when it comes to the next two games - but equally I wouldn't particularly like us be in that game as it will likely be a tough match. So still hard to call how this will go and that's even before facing an SPL team!!

Hibs need to get back on track after back to back defeats which I think Stubbs will be able to do. Playoffs still a bit away and it now looks like there is no danger of Hibs or rangers falling out of them, so it's all about getting the team in the right mindset for those games - and from our part trying to instil a bit of composure in Mr Moshni!!

Will certainly be interesting

TT

We have been playing well the last few games but still think we'll find it hard going to get the win against Hearts on Sunday, so hopefully QOTS and Hibs draw as well. Maybe a QOTS win would be better but don't want them gaining too much ground on us as well.

Enjoyed the game today!

TT

enjoyed the game :lol:

how the mighty hVe fallen

enjoyed the game :lol:

how the mighty hVe fallen

Lol feckin hell you lot are a fickle bunch. If any bear on here was to say they didn't enjoy the win due to the opposition they would be accused of arrogance and having a sense of entitlement.

I truly do worry for the health of some of you if we start competing properly again. :D