Archive Board - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Archive Board

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Playing in front of 45,000 odd every week for Rangers or 14,000 max for Dundee United?

A team that in 2 years time will be the best/second best in Scotland?

From what I've seen SPL standard players aren't finding it particularly easy in the lower divisions?

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

To look at it from a different angle, is Jon Daly more ambitious going to rangers than going to league 1?

Nobody would have issue with him going to league 1 for big money, where he'll never win anything...

To be devils advocate, in 2-3 years rangers will likely be back competing at the top of the SPL, in Europe, competing for domestic trophies....

I think doubling his salary will be pretty high up his list of considerations, but there's every chance he could win more trophies at ibrox than tannadice.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Playing in front of 45,000 odd every week for Rangers or 14,000 max for Dundee United?

A team that in 2 years time will be the best/second best in Scotland?

From what I've seen SPL standard players aren't finding it particularly easy in the lower divisions?

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

To look at it from a different angle, is Jon Daly more ambitious going to rangers than going to league 1?

Nobody would have issue with him going to league 1 for big money, where he'll never win anything...

To be devils advocate, in 2-3 years rangers will likely be back competing at the top of the SPL, in Europe, competing for domestic trophies....

I think doubling his salary will be pretty high up his list of considerations, but there's every chance he could win more trophies at ibrox than tannadice.

the archive board is amazing isn't it. I went back and read all the Rangers threads , the ones where every bear was saying thplinth was idiot, making a khunt of himself for suggesting the mighty gers could be in financial bother.

Unlike you i decided to keep most of it to myself though.

the archive board is amazing isn't it. I went back and read all the Rangers threads , the ones where every bear was saying thplinth was idiot, making a khunt of himself for suggesting the mighty gers could be in financial bother.

Did you come across a link to the £120 million post?

It's good to share

Don't you have a job? Or maybe a life?

Don't you have a job? Or maybe a life?

Say something against a rangers man and there they go, trying to find out where you work and what not.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tv-comic-limmys-brother-jailed-3006790

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/female-journalist-receives-further-sectarian-abuse-fans-jailed-racist-rangers-podcaster

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/jul/15/journalist-safety-rangers

Listen if you didn't talk huge amounts of shyte, we couldn't go back and laugh at it could we? So remember you did this not us. Same goes with liquidation of Rangers, dry your fecking teary eyes and stop being such a whiney beta about shit please.

Say something against a rangers man and there they go, trying to find out where you work and what not.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tv-comic-limmys-brother-jailed-3006790

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/female-journalist-receives-further-sectarian-abuse-fans-jailed-racist-rangers-podcaster

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/jul/15/journalist-safety-rangers

Listen if you didn't talk huge amounts of shyte, we couldn't go back and laugh at it could we? So remember you did this not us. Same goes with liquidation of Rangers, dry your fecking teary eyes and stop being such a whiney beta about shit please.

Touchy this morning aren't you?

Sense of humour bypass seems to have worked really well for you.

The only tears in my eyes are from laughing at your over sensitive response. Guess I struck a nerve.

Touchy this morning aren't you?

Sense of humour bypass seems to have worked really well for you.

The only tears in my eyes are from laughing at your over sensitive response. Guess I struck a nerve.

Hahahaha i was only joking too, hahahaha what are we like eh?

I'm the touchy one, right... :-)) :-))

Hahahaha i was only joking too, hahahaha what are we like eh?

I'm the touchy one, right... :-)) :-))

Sarcasm now. Yep, you're definitely losing it.

If you've read some of my recent posts on another thread i actually said that it would be possible to make every poster on here look stupid by trolling the archive, as I'm sure we've all said stuff that would now make us look foolish.

But you were in. I've got work to do now. ?

Sarcasm now. Yep, you're definitely losing it.

If you've read some of my recent posts on another thread i actually said that it would be possible to make every poster on here look stupid by trolling the archive, as I'm sure we've all said stuff that would now make us look foolish.

But you were in. I've got work to do now.

Don't worry we'll carry on laughing at the threads without you, it'll be a struggle but i'm sure we'll manage it.

Unfortunately I don't have the same interest in your posts that you have in mine. I stopped reading them as they became uncomfortably maudlin in tone.

Let's be honest - the Ticketus loan was not obtained by fraudulent pretence. Ticketus would be well aware of Rangers' financial situation and will have security to ensure they don't end up out of pocket. If they don't, then their directors should be sectioned!

The tax thing is a fair point. He will obviously end up disqualified as a director. But I'm not sure he will care. Rangers 2012 and Craig Whyte should come out of this much better off (all things going to plan).

I can't wait till someone has to pore over all the 20k posts of shyte i've written in an attempt to show me up.

'phart', on 15 Feb 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:snapback.png

Guys, this is going to turn very quickly, i reckon all cash flow has been siphoned off now. There wont be any cash for the administrators to actually run the club, hence all the rumours about just having to drop players to remove costs isn't as pie in the sky as folk think, i know folk aren't wanting to believe this or that, but this is worst case scenario time, i doubt Whyte will ever be back in Scotland again.

David Murray sold him the club because Lloyds bank had him over a barrel and he was desperate. I bet he couldn't believe his luck when the opportunity arose. He would have known full well Craig Whyte's business experience and intentions for the club.

You either take 2 views (from a Rangers fan point of view) and in one Craig Whyte is a genius, in the other he is a villain.

1. Genius

No one else wanted to buy Rangers. Rangers couldn't afford to pay the tax case bill. HMRC refused to negotiate a settlement. Liquidation by HMRC was inevitable.

So Whyte has mitigated this loss by minimising expenditure, bringing in as much cash as possible, ie not paying tax, Ticketus, Jelavic and will use this cash to create Rangers 2012. He has created administration to ensure that his secured debt gets as much out of Rangers as possible, including Murray Park and Ibrox, which will then be transferred to Rangers 2012. Rangers 2012 then somehow negotiate a return to Scottish football and start from scratch debt free but with working capital from Craig Whyte's company (which came from the old Rangers).

2. Villain

Rangers could have committed to cost-cutting measures and attempted to create a fund to attempt to pay back HMRC. They could have been genuine and honest in an attempt to repay the money over the course of 5 years for example. Obviously, this would be contingent on HMRC having the appetite to accept that offer. Rangers would take years to recover but would still be completely Rangers as we know it.

Where is the thread about the boy who was going to get flights. His sister was a travel agent and the wording came out all wrong that's was a TAMB classic?

Something along the lines of "my sister is a travel agent and I'm going to get right on her" if I remember correctly. I think it was his first post as well!!