Ryan Dow And Dundee Utds Conveyor Belt Of Young Talent - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Dow And Dundee Utds Conveyor Belt Of Young Talent

Robroysboy

Not much to do with Scotland I know, but I enjoyed watching the Utd conveyor belt of talent this afternoon.....

.... as they lost to the mighty Falkirk in the U20 league. :ok:

Let's not conflate winning at youth levels and training good young players. They're not the same and don't actually have an awful lot to do with each other.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 15 points easy earlier.

I don't think Celtic will win league by anything like 15 points.

I'm currently of the thinking that they will. Their league form has been excellent for a while now, they've only dropped 4 points in the league since the Hamilton game at the start of October. Aberdeen have dropped more points in the last month than Celtic have since that Hamilton game, and Celtic have won both of the head to head matches. They're level on points, but Celtic have 2 games in hand. They've likely to just pull further and further away as this form continues. 15 points is fairly likely.

I'm currently of the thinking that they will. Their league form has been excellent for a while now, they've only dropped 4 points in the league since the Hamilton game at the start of October. Aberdeen have dropped more points in the last month than Celtic have since that Hamilton game, and Celtic have won both of the head to head matches. They're level on points, but Celtic have 2 games in hand. They've likely to just pull further and further away as this form continues. 15 points is fairly likely.

Since losing to Celtic on Nov 9th, Aberdeen have dropped 4pts so your stats are out a bit. Not suggesting the Dons will win the league but there isn't much between the two sides' form over the last 2/3 months to suggest that Celtic will pull clear so comfortably.

Since losing to Celtic on Nov 9th, Aberdeen have dropped 4pts so your stats are out a bit. Not suggesting the Dons will win the league but there isn't much between the two sides' form over the last 2/3 months to suggest that Celtic will pull clear so comfortably.

I think the last few seasons will repeat themselves and once they're out of Europe they'll maintain and improve on more recent form and start to edge away.

I'd love to be wrong, but I too think they'll win by 12 points +.

Even if it's only 1-2 points they'll still be 1st.

As I said, I don't expect anyone other than Celtic to win the title. However, they can play like Barcelona in every league game left but they won't pull away by 15 points if Aberdeen keep their form going. And with no other competitions left to play in why should Aberdeen's league form drop?

I didn't have a teamsheet so I couldn't tell you who the individual United players were . They were decent as a team though and would have scored a few had their forwards been able to head the ball downwards rather than over the bar.

Edited to add - this was in response to Proudscot's post about who stood out.

Why the hell does it not work when I press quote? :mad:

Edited by Snapperone