Weekly Aberdeen Thread - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekly Aberdeen Thread

Thanks, Donaldo. I was hoping someone would start this. Even an Aberdeen fan would have done, but they're not so interested in the wee games. Glory-hunters, the lot of them.

Great result for the Dandy Dons - keeps County well below us at this moment in time.

The injury to Daniels kept Shankland on the bench

I would disagree. The game was over by the time the final change was made,if he can't start a game and can't come on when the game is over,what is he meant to think?

Edited by dandydunn

I would disagree. The game was over by the time the final change was made,if he can't start a game and can't come on when the game is over,what is he meant to think?

He's meant to think that he's behind DG in the pecking order.

Deek wanted responses from Pawlett and Goodwillie who quite rightly dropped to the bench after our semi loss.

He got that from them. (Job done.)

That only leaves our first substitution which was used for a 35th minute injury to Daniels.

If there wasn't an injury, then Goodie would have been our 2nd sub and Shankland our 3rd.

We went from having 3 tactical changes to 2 because of the injury.

Two of Flood, GW, PeePaw, and Shankland were always going to miss out because of it.

He's meant to think that he's behind DG in the pecking order.

Deek wanted responses from Pawlett and Goodwillie who quite rightly dropped to the bench after our semi loss.

He got that from them. (Job done.)

That only leaves our first substitution which was used for a 35th minute injury to Daniels.

If there wasn't an injury, then Goodie would have been our 2nd sub and Shankland our 3rd.

We went from having 3 tactical changes to 2 because of the injury.

Two of Flood, GW, PeePaw, and Shankland were always going to miss out because of it.

Maybe so,but goodwillie hasn't exactly been banging them in,I'm not denying he has played well,but we keep hearing shankland has an eye for goal.

What better chance to show it than when the team are 3 up and cruising.

DMc had to choose between reviving DG and LS hopefully getting his first goal.

Ideally both would have happened, but in the longterm interest of the club I feel that the manager got it right.

Hopefully plenty other opportunities for young Lawrence to come.

St Mirren & Motherwell abnd anyone else who fancies getting involved can forget about Ross County finishing anywhere but 12th.

Don't like slating other teams but they are easily the worst side to visit Pittodrie this season by a mile. Only Aberdeen's usual over playing the ball and a horrific performance by Craig Thompson in the middle kept the score at 4.

Thought all the subs were right.

Shankland seems to have gained a reputation well beyond what I have seen so far. He'll come good I'm sure but in time and he very nearly cost us a defeat at Mcdairmid the other week late on.

To me he's Rooney's under study an should replace him when the time is right.

How did Kenny McLean's debut go?

"Solid" I think is the best desription. Looks very neat and tidy on the ball, and he has a good turn of pace. Worked pretty hard, good movement and passer, did nothing wrong. He moved to a deeper position in second half and seemed to play well beside Jack. I can see him featuring there quite a bit.....

He did fine.

Some good passes and great movement.

He'll do well for us I'm sure.

"Solid" I think is the best desription. Looks very neat and tidy on the ball, and he has a good turn of pace. Worked pretty hard, good movement and passer, did nothing wrong. He moved to a deeper position in second half and seemed to play well beside Jack. I can see him featuring there quite a bit.....

Hope he does well with your lot. He was a very popular lad at St. Mirren Park and has just about singlehandedly kept our season alive.

Wouldn't like to see you play him too deep tho'. He's hugely creative, is no stranger to the killer pass and knows where the auld onion bag is too.

Hope he doesn't play against us in a couple of weeks coz we all know what's going to happen if he does!!

Hope he does well with your lot. He was a very popular lad at St. Mirren Park and has just about singlehandedly kept our season alive.

Wouldn't like to see you play him too deep tho'. He's hugely creative, is no stranger to the killer pass and knows where the auld onion bag is too.

Hope he doesn't play against us in a couple of weeks coz we all know what's going to happen if he does!!

Im home for that one, and looking forward to see him for first time in Dons colours, hope he scores too, sorry Bud :wink2:

He's very good and comfortable on the ball and you can see he has a pretty cultured left foot. I think Saturday was all about him settling into the team and getting comfortable with new surroundings. He did that and quite a lot more. He certainly didn't look out of place up front nor when he dropped back. He brings something different as well as the extra options. The other noteable contribution is that McLean works hard off the ball, Pawlett (with the exception of sat but presumably because you were dropped) and McGinn take note!

I'm pretty chuffed to have him at Aberdeen. I see no reason why he can't do really well.