Large Travelling Support Anticipated - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Large Travelling Support Anticipated

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few factors played in our favour that time.....

Firstly how disheartened the locals were with the national team, but what played in our favour the most was the Rugby World Cup.

Locals were pre-occupied with that and football went out the window.

Most folk I spoke to in Paris thought we were there for the rugby.

If we were to play France again, tickets would be A LOT harder to come by, so there is no point bringing up that every time, as chances it will never happen again in such a fashio

Agree with you mate on not using France as a guideline for away numbers

The French are notoriously bad at supporting their national team.

When we played them in a W.C 2006 qualifier in 2004 ....there was 30 - 35'000 Irish fans in the stadium. Huge amounts of French "Supporters" gladly sold their tickets to us.

The French F.A had to put security guidelines in place to stop the Irish getting similar amounts of tickets for the French leg of the world cup play-off we played them in 2009 for W.C 2010

I am expecting a nice sized bunch of ye over here for the game against us though.

Should be a blast of a weekend!

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

we're looking for 30 tickets if anybody knows friends of friends who's doing this harvest thing that everybody goes on about

You might get 30 home end tickets especially if ireland get a poor result vs poland in march.

Harvesters generally apply for unpopular matches so they can go big games like dublin.

So the chances of you getting away tickets for this one are slim to none as for the aforementioned and unused tickets should be returned to ssc for distribution in the points system.

Agree with you mate on not using France as a guideline for away numbers

The French are notoriously bad at supporting their national team.

When we played them in a W.C 2006 qualifier in 2004 ....there was 30 - 35'000 Irish fans in the stadium. Huge amounts of French "Supporters" gladly sold their tickets to us.

The French F.A had to put security guidelines in place to stop the Irish getting similar amounts of tickets for the French leg of the world cup play-off we played them in 2009 for W.C 2010

I am expecting a nice sized bunch of ye over here for the game against us though.

Should be a blast of a weekend!

Shall you be partaking in a pint or 2 of tennents lager that weekend GTR :-)):cheers3:

I can't remember the cooking lager of choice and I was only in Dublin last November (although by that time I was bonanza'd after a day at Thurles races - our flight home was delayed apparently, of which I have no recollection)! Harp?

Bonanza'd :rollsmile:

Harp, Carlsberg and Bud are the 3 main ones I recall, but I've nae been for a while. Suffice to say, it's not a lager connoisseur's nirvana.

Heineken is big over here too mate. Im a carlsberg man myself (my danish love :-D ) . Dublin has become big into the craft beer scene too in the last couple of years. And lots of off licences sell tennants in a can..if ye get homesick ;-)

Plenty of lager choice over ere....we dont all drink guinness just like we dont all support celtic ..ha!

Plenty of choice over here folks....we wont let ye run dry !

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

I would guess 12000, and Dublin bars don't serve that cats piss Tennant, they serve the dishwater craftly branded as Carlsberg or Heineken

Unless you like Stella where I would recommend Bruxelles (south side) or the church Northside , a bit pricey and a bit touristy but at least you are not drinking piss

I would guess 12000, and Dublin bars don't serve that cats piss Tennant, they serve the dishwater craftly branded as Carlsberg or Heineken

Unless you like Stella where I would recommend Bruxelles (south side) or the church Northside , a bit pricey and a bit touristy but at least you are not drinking piss

First person I have ever who believes stella isnt piss!