Large Travelling Support Anticipated - Page 3 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Large Travelling Support Anticipated

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stella's the best Mick Jagger on the go (as long as you don't batter the wife when you get home!).

I honestly cannot remember ever, ever going into a pub and ordering a pint of Nelson Mandela.

Even as a jakey, drink anything teenager I steered clear.

I drank it at home as my Dad drank it at the time and I always pinched a few cans off of him.

My favourite lager drinking stages were:-

16-19 - Fosters

20-25 - Budwieser (or failing that Heineken)

25-now - Becks Vier

These were always the cans I bought (and still do).

Cider has slipped into sessions recently (living in the Westcountry it's hard not to). Especially a day out at the rugby.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I was reading they're going to lower the strength of Special Brew, much to the annoyance of jakies everywhere.

They've also lowered the strength of Stella.

Problem with draft stella in Dublin is a. not many places do it and b, if they do it they need to do a run on it. Bruxelles and the church do pretty decent draft as they are usually busy.

You forget the biggest problem, it's taste.

Harp Lager used to be popular in Ireland, never seen it in years. I reckon there will be 8000 Scots in the stadium and about 12000 will make the trip. Ferry Cairnryan 7.30, Greyhounds Harrolds Cross Friday night, then see where we go from there.

Harolds Cross Greyhound Racing on a Friday night is great Craic.

A great night on the beer on banter over in Harolds Cross

Any idea when home end tickets will go on sale? Ticketmaster?

Dont know if this is true but i heard the irish fa are trying to sellas many three match packages as possible to deter us buying all their home end tickets.

Ideal scenario for ticket touts who i imagine will cash in big time when we visit in june.

i worked in dublin and was over when a Poland vs ROI friendly was on and over 20,000 poles there so selling match package for games with us and them wouldnt be hard shifting the remainders on to touts

Was at that game - massive polish crowd in Lansdowne Road that Night

But 2 things to note:

1) Dont think it was a case of a huge polish crowd travelling over - it was due to a HUGE polish population living and working in Dublin

2)It was a Friendly and it was in February whereas this time it is competitive fixture - Demand from the Irish fans will be much greater - so while i expect a big size polish crowd against us in march - i dont think it will be anything like the above game

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising