Killie V Ra Tic - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Killie V Ra Tic

Would it still be as much of an issue, to you, if Aberdeen were 20 points behind Celtic at the current time?

McGinn was a wee bit daft going to this game but I wouldn't doubt his integrity as a player and his willingness to win/be successful for Aberdeen on the pitch no matter what games he attends. As I said to Parkie above, I think this is only an issue, to some, because Aberdeen are close to Celtic this season, if they had been 20 points or so behind would it be an issue. As mentioned, lots of players probably attend lots of games, not many of them get this sort of blowback.

100% the timing.

It's actually Celtic that are close to us BTW....... ;)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it still be as much of an issue, to you, if Aberdeen were 20 points behind Celtic at the current time?

I dunno. Possibly not. The fact is though, at this moment in time, Aberdeen are top of the league and Celtic are 2nd. We are directly competing with them.

A senior AFC employee being seen to support a direct competitor is unacceptable IMO.

McGinn is a quiet, level-headed guy. What I see in that photo is him going to a game with a friend of his, plus his agent and his agents kids.

It's not as if he was steaming in a pub with a bunch a brain-dead mates, singing songs about his clubs biggest rivals.

McGinn's been outstanding in our recent run, and tbh, continuing that form is all I care about.

That's how any sensible person would see it.

None of that relates to his active supporting of a competitor, to the detriment of AFC...

You might not care, that's your prerogative.

McGinn has played well of late, although he was probably due a good run after spending the previous 8 months or so being a passenger.

In what way is it detrimental to Aberdeen??

As others have said, if Aberdeen were way behind in the league no one would care.

I'm sure he'd rather win the trophy than the team he supports win it.

Non story.

FF76B5E5-CA2F-D044-9C0B68EE84E5CF69.jpg

:lol: The Diamonds were/are all rabid Celtic fans, so no surprise. If Zander had been any good he'd have jumped at the chance to play for them. All footballers have allegiances going back to childhood, like we all do. Most aren't stupid enough to broadcast it while they're playing for their direct rivals right enough.

Edited by redstevie007

As others have said, if Aberdeen were way behind in the league no one would care.

We're not though and that's the difference. (for me)

Aberdeen fans that are saying 'non story' are possibly holding their own council. With good reason I may add.

You get that though. Deep down I know you do.

:lol: The Diamonds were/are all rabid Celtic fans, so no surprise. If Zander had been any good he'd have jumped at the chance to play for them. All footballers have allegiances going back to childhood, like we all do. Most aren't stupid enough to broadcast it while they're playing for their direct rivals right enough.

Wasn't therea daft young st mirren player caught on the sky cameras celebrating a Celtic goal whilst in the St mirren changing room.

As I've said from start, players all have allegiances but no need to broadcast it in fans faces when You play for a rival club

We're not though and that's the difference. (for me)

Aberdeen fans that are saying 'non story' are possibly holding their own council. With good reason I may add.

You get that though. Deep down I know you do.

But it doesn't make any difference in reality. The guy would obviously want to win the league. He will also obviously like the chance to catch up with a mate and watch the team he has supported all his life. He is doing no harm at all to anyone except precious dons fans. If he was to play against Celtic and turm round and put the ball in his own net on purpose I would understand the outrage.

I love when dafties ascribe their own viewpoint as the only "sensible" one. :lol:

Daftie, whit age are you? And I didn't say it was the only sensible one.

Anyway you haven't said how its to Aberdeen's detriment yet??

But it doesn't make any difference in reality. The guy would obviously want to win the league. He will also obviously like the chance to catch up with a mate and watch the team he has supported all his life. He is doing no harm at all to anyone except precious dons fans. If he was to play against Celtic and turm round and put the ball in his own net on purpose I would understand the outrage.

Nobody is precious or outraged. Lets just be clear on that please.

The timing/error of judgement on McGinn's part IMO is poor. That is all. I appreciate you cannot see that from my perspective though.

Nobody is precious or outraged. Lets just be clear on that please.

The timing/error of judgement on McGinn's part IMO is poor. That is all. I appreciate you cannot see that from my perspective though.

Exactly, it's seem that pittodries Dave macdermid has also missed the point and has opted to insult the fans who don't agree with McGinn here.

Do professional players actually 'support' teams ?

I was always under the impression that the vast majority started playing on Saturdays from an early age and have had very little time to be a 'fan' in the sense that we understand the word.

I only one I can really think of who 'supports' a team in the conventional sense is Griffiths...and I'm not sure he comes into the category of 'professional'.

Parky is, but it's his raison d'etre.

I'm not outraged at all. I've said he should have his baws booted and told to act more professionally.

I appreciated it's your "raison d'être" to post bullshite on the Internet though, so bash on.

Do professional players actually 'support' teams ?

I was always under the impression that the vast majority started playing on Saturdays from an early age and have had very little time to be a 'fan' in the sense that we understand the word.

I only one I can really think of who 'supports' a team in the conventional sense is Griffiths...and I'm not sure he comes into the category of 'professional'.

It's well know that McGinn supports celtic.

Dandydunn, he has every right to watch a game of football. Just a pity he went to support our rivals :-)