The Fight For Second Place - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Fight For Second Place

I see we made a net profit of £1.2m to June 2014. dont htink it includes the Gauld and Robertson sales either.

That's pretty good. It says it excludes summer sales, but has it maybe got money for Johnny Russell in it? Scottish Cup semis and final always raises a few bob as well. And maybe a reduction in interest payments?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Utd won the Scottish Cup and came 3rd in the league in 2010 I'm sure I heard Steve Thomson saying Utd's profit that season was about £67k.

So I can't think how we could have made anywhere near that amount quoted above, unless it included a lot of the transfer money.

When Utd won the Scottish Cup and came 3rd in the league in 2010 I'm sure I heard Steve Thomson saying Utd's profit that season was about £67k.

So I can't think how we could have made anywhere near that amount quoted above, unless it included a lot of the transfer money.

Utd must have been paying quite an chunk of loan interest to the bank annually - I assume they won't be now....

Just another horrible sign of Armageddon....

Utd must have been paying quite an chunk of loan interest to the bank annually - I assume they won't be now....

Maybe, just seems quite a large difference (not that I'd know).

Just another horrible sign of Armageddon....

We're DOOMED ! DOOMED I tell you !!!!!!

Counter the loss of European participation. Do our clubs make any money from Europe.

I remember Terry butcher saying something stupid along the lines of he'd rather not qualify for Europe as it would cost the club money. What's the point in trying to finish high up the league then!

No chance will Europe have been a loss this season.

In fact seem to recall something about a 400k profit.

£25 x 50,000 = £1,250,000

Of course we were quids in. Although games like Groningen and Sociedad are priceless imo my opinion.

True but its a very different landscape now. Wage bill must be half what it was then and bank loan has gone. Combine that with Thompsons efficient running of the club and increased revenue from tickets/commercial and that's the result. This is despite money being spent on Gussie park training ground (well overdue!!). Will probably include the russell money but not the Gauld or robertson cash though a chunk of that will still go to the bank I believe. Still June 2015 results should be an eye opener.

True but its a very different landscape now. Wage bill must be half what it was then and bank loan has gone. Combine that with Thompsons efficient running of the club and increased revenue from tickets/commercial and that's the result. This is despite money being spent on Gussie park training ground (well overdue!!). Will probably include the russell money but not the Gauld or robertson cash though a chunk of that will still go to the bank I believe. Still June 2015 results should be an eye opener.

Quite impressive and great news with even more to look forward to. :ok:

While you'll obviously be delighted with the money from the sale of Gauld and Robertson, just think where you could have been this season if you still had them, given how open it is at the top?

To be honest, Chris Erskine's contribution this year has been bigger than Gauld's last season. Of course Gauld has much more potential but it could be five years away or more, but Erskine's been more effective in the here and now.

Robertson's a massive miss though.

Utd had a wage bill of £7m?

When was that?