Motherwell Vs Aberdeen - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Motherwell Vs Aberdeen

Where have I or any Aberdeen fan even hinted that we have a chance of the title?

Celtic should win it fairly comfortably but its hilarious listening to Diela trying to sound unbothered and your reaction to a last minute decision which didn't affect the outcome even if wrong appears to be sign that it bothered you.

I don't like Willie Collum, he is a truly awful referee.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never a penalty, can understand 'Well fans being pissed off as the slim chance they had of getting a point evaporated in that moment.

Not that bad a decision that it'll taint our title though.

Your team looks like they have no confidence.

Up to the new manager to change that. You have better players than the league position indicates.

I don't buy into you have too many good players to go down argument.

Unless baraclough starts getting the team competing again we will be relegated.

St mirren and ross county will hit some form and the trap door is beckoning.

The club and fans have been through relegation dog fights before, but not this set of players.

Never a pen but the law needs to be changed. When is there ever a "deliberate" handball? Maybe 5% of handball cases, like McFadden v Norway, when someone actually makes an effort to handle the ball.

Either change the rule or apply it. All this crap at the moment about unnatural positions or gaining advantage is absolute nonsense.

Not unless he did it deliberately.

I get that.

He should have had his hands deliberately by his sides then, not up at his tits.

He could have chested it, headed it, he chose neither.

'Not having enough time' prevented the ball going in off off his chest, head, shoulder.

I'd understand this argument more had he not been on the line.

Of course it was a penalty.

The ball came at him from 12 yards away, not 12 inches. He made no attempt to get out of the way, and let it hit his arm.

Stonewaller.

I love how people use the 'deliberate' excuse to justify an award that they simply didn't want to happen, and ignore the fact that 98% of handball penalties simply aren't 'deliberate'.,,,never have been, never will be.

Stonewaller. Did I say that already ?

Edited by Rossy

Ok.

Put it another way, If he has his back towards the goal, it hits his hand and goes out for a corner rather than into the net it's not a penalty?

Correct. If he doesn't mean it then it's not a foul. It's shit luck, but it's the same as if a goal bound shot hits the ref and goes wide - tough tits.

I get that.

He should have had his hands deliberately by his sides then, not up at his tits.

He could have chested it, headed it, he chose neither.

'Not having enough time' prevented the ball going in off off his chest, head, shoulder.

I'd understand this argument more had he not been on the line.

I haven't seen the incident. If he deliberately left his hand where it was then it's a penalty, he's deliberately played it with his hand.

I haven't seen the incident. If he deliberately left his hand where it was then it's a penalty, he's deliberately played it with his hand.

He moves his arm up to block the ball. I suspect he's doing it to stop the ball possibly hitting him in the face, but that matters not. If he didn't want to use his arm he shouldn't have brought his arm up, and he should have let it smack him in the napper.

It should be pointed out that McManus's defence to the referee was that it hit his shoulder, not that he didn't mean to handle it.

It didn't hit his shoulder.

He moves his arm up to block the ball. I suspect he's doing it to stop the ball possibly hitting him in the face, but that matters not. If he didn't want to use his arm he shouldn't have brought his arm up, and he should have let it smack him in the napper.

It should be pointed out that McManus's defence to the referee was that it hit his shoulder, not that he didn't mean to handle it.

It didn't hit his shoulder.

Sounds cut and dried. If he moved his arm to block the ball then he's deliberately handled it and it should be a penalty. What's everyone arguing about?

Is it not as clear as Rossy is making out?

From the replays there were shown, there is ONE that makes it look like McManus moved his arm up towards the ball. For me, it looks like it hit his elbow.

Funnily enough, the replay where it looks like he may have moved his arm towards the ball is the only replay that you can see Willie Collum in and it's the one closest to the angle he'd have had on it.

From the replays there were shown, there is ONE that makes it look like McManus moved his arm up towards the ball. For me, it looks like it hit his elbow.

Funnily enough, the replay where it looks like he may have moved his arm towards the ball is the only replay that you can see Willie Collum in and it's the one closest to the angle he'd have had on it.

Exactly.

I think McManus instinctively moves his arm upwards....I simply can't see how Collum couldn't give a penalty.

As I said, it's interesting that McManus's defence was that it hit him on the shoulder....which of course it didn't.

I found Walker's attack on Collum completely uncalled for, especially as Collum doesn't have a right of defence. Walker is a mouthy ex-player who knows f*ck all about the laws of the game....it's distasteful to hear him attacking a referee for making an instant judgement call.

Exactly.

I think McManus instinctively moves his arm upwards....I simply can't see how Collum couldn't give a penalty.

As I said, it's interesting that McManus's defence was that it hit him on the shoulder....which of course it didn't.

I found Walker's attack on Collum completely uncalled for, especially as Collum doesn't have a right of defence. Walker is a mouthy ex-player who knows f*ck all about the laws of the game....it's distasteful to hear him attacking a referee for making an instant judgement call.

With regards to his comments on Collum and his ability, IF Walker was accurate, would UEFA really give him matches like:

CSKA Moscow v Bayern Munich

Barcelona v Ajax

Juventus v Atletico Madrid

With regards to his comments on Collum and his ability, IF Walker was accurate, would UEFA really give him matches like:

CSKA Moscow v Bayern Munich

Barcelona v Ajax

Juventus v Atletico Madrid

Every football fan the world over has a gripe at refereeing decisions.

I don't think it's right though for an ex-player who's never refereed a game in his life to launch such a personal attack on an official who has no right of reply.

It's a cheap, cheap shot.