Hibs V The Rangers - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibs V The Rangers

Don't get me wrong, McCoist has bought poorly and there is a huge steaming pile of shite at the club, however, they are of a calibre that should be able to walk out of the Championship and into the SPL. The fact that they are not in that position is down to McCoist/McDowell and Durrant. A half way competent manager would have the current staff easily going up - and they certainly wouldn't be in the position that they are in now vis a vis Hearts.

TT

Got to agree, most of these guys were star performers in decent premier league sides.

The problem would appear to be with the coaching and the culture.

Perhaps signing these guys on big money, or certainly bigger money than they'd have got elsewhere means they are there for the wrong reasons?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree, most of these guys were star performers in decent premier league sides.

Behave. Many of them were good players, I'd describe one or two as being the best players in their sides (Boyd & law).

However guys like Foster, steven smith, Jon daly, Nicky Clark, etc have always been pretty garbage.

Behave. Many of them were good players, I'd describe one or two as being the best players in their sides (Boyd & law).

However guys like Foster, steven smith, Jon daly, Nicky Clark, etc have always been pretty garbage.

Was going to say the same and there are a good few others you could add to that list. That said, Nicky Clark was a signing that actually did make a bit of sense IMO. The wages we gave him didn't.

Edited by Angus_Young

Was going to say the same and there are a good few others you could add to that list. That said, Nicky Clark was a signing that actually did make a bit of sense IMO. The wages we gave him didn't.

Signing Nicky Clark when you were in Div 3 would've made excellent sense. The best players in the lower leagues were what Rangers should have been looking at. Instead they signed Sandaza, Kyle, Black, et al on big money, so that they could prove they were a big club.

Signing Nicky Clark when you were in Div 3 would've made excellent sense. The best players in the lower leagues were what Rangers should have been looking at. Instead they signed Sandaza, Kyle, Black, et al on big money, so that they could prove they were a big club.

Or, they could have went with a couple of experienced guys and a bunch of their youth team and won that league.

Or, they could have went with a couple of experienced guys and a bunch of their youth team and won that league.

Yeah. Experienced lower league players were what they needed. My Rangers supporting mates laughed at me when i suggested they should have went for Derek Young. :lol:

Totally agree. I've been like a broken record on that subject.

The 'big club' thing was to attract season tickets and be 'ready' should they draw their cross-town rivals in a Cup competition.

Ironically, now that they have drawn Celtic in a Cup they have once again imploded and are basically defenceless.

(Custer was better prepared.)