Britain - Great Britain - U K - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Britain - Great Britain - U K

Anyhoo, a cracking map here of the province from possibly the Chariot Association or the Imperial Chariot Club.

But when from? - as it shows lumped together the Caledonii, Picti and Scoti on the same patch (together with the Meate* and the city of Bremenio!)

Exile, I got it from Wikipedia, and it seems to be the 5th century equivalent of the London underground map for the Roman Empire.

Wiki mentions that Pompeii is on the map even though it was wiped out in the 1st century, so overlapping names on our patch were not necessarily contemporary.

Never heard of Bremenio.

Exile, I got it from Wikipedia, and it seems to be the 5th century equivalent of the London underground map for the Roman Empire.

Wiki mentions that Pompeii is on the map even though it was wiped out in the 1st century, so overlapping names on our patch were not necessarily contemporary.

Never heard of Bremenio.

Aha... I'd thought the Scoti were associated with the Dalriada settlers from Ireland (only from 6th c) but not necessarily so...

Never heard of Bremenio either...

I am Irish...... and proud.

I have also been on a few holidays. .....

lol

Then you'll no doubt share my admiration for your country's great national heroes such as Wolfe Tone, Robert Emmett, Charles Parnell, Patrick Pearse, James Connolly and Michael Collins. :ok:

Of course the oppressive colonial thieves settlers and their offspring won't be too keen on these brave men and their ideals.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Then you'll no doubt share my admiration for your country's great national heroes such as Wolfe Tone, Robert Emmett, Charles Parnell, Patrick Pearse, James Connolly and Michael Collins. :ok:

Of course the oppressive colonial thieves settlers and their offspring won't be too keen on these brave men and their ideals.

Nah..... I prefer Montgomery, Wellington and Blair Mayne.......

Brave men from my island who fought in another army..... each to their own though.....

lol