Booze To Return To Football? - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Booze To Return To Football?

Alcohol at Football  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Without any detail, people are debating whether alochol should be made available at Scottish football grounds. Do you agree with this?

• Yes
    • No

They could set up kiosks that only sell beer and only employ over 18s in them, I'm sure that's the way it works elsewhere. At CP we already have separate kiosks for different kinds of food, another one for beer wouldn't make a lot of difference.

My only experience was at the Etihad and they sold food and beer at the same kiosks.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only experience was at the Etihad and they sold food and beer at the same kiosks.

We have the following in the JS stand.

Normal fitbaw food stalls (Pies, Pizza, Hot Dogs, etc). (There's about 3 of them)

Fish & Chip stall.

Gourmet Pies stall.

Spicey food stall (Pakora and stuff)

Lentil soup & Stovies stall

Bookies

Club shop.

I'm sure they could fit in a beer stall.

Edited by ek_celt

Something else that occurred to me is the impact selling booze in the concourses would have on the staff that work in the kiosks. I can only really speak for Ibrox but the majority of the staff that work in the kiosks look to be 16 or 17 year old kids earning a bit of pocket money. Selling booze would mean these kids wouldn't be able to be employed or would have to be laid off which is a bit shit.

Why?

You only need a PLH to authorise a sale of alcohol. That is usually through sufficient training and proxy authorisation. One supervisor per kiosk can authorise all alcohol purchases on behalf of the PLH. (For under 18s)