School Attack In Pakistan - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

School Attack In Pakistan

It's only a matter of time before something similar happens here. Absolutely no security at our schools and such an easy target. If heidbangers are willing to cut off someone's head in the street they'll have no qualms about taking out some school kids.

Really? Most schools I've been to ( on outreach and careers sessions) since Dunblane, have buzz in doors, but yeah not all tbf. Of course it could all happen in the playground

Really? Most schools I've been to ( on outreach and careers sessions) since Dunblane, have buzz in doors, but yeah not all tbf. Of course it could all happen in the playground

Picture the scene two taliban suicide bombers walk up to the school front door,Oh no one cries theyve got buzz in doors,feck it thats torn it lets go home. :blink:

Edited by The Laud

I've vistited a fair few schools doing the same kind of job and yes, most have at least a buzzer, but how often is it in use? To take a careers fair as an example there are that many people coming and going that the door's more often than not just wedged open.

Picture the scene two taliban suicide bombers walk up to the school front door,Oh no one cries theyve got buzz in doors,feck it thats torn it lets go home. :blink:

, we're talking school shootings. I think the door is a genuine deterrent to all but the most determined.

you suggesting armed guards at every school in the land. Same logic applies? . They'll do it anyway. Doesn't stop attacks on military /embassies

Not gonna completely stop the lone wolf/nutte rdoing an attack. Well Without chipping entire population and filming is all constantly.

Edited by flumax

It's only a matter of time before something similar happens here. Absolutely no security at our schools and such an easy target. If heidbangers are willing to cut off someone's head in the street they'll have no qualms about taking out some school kids.

Fortunately the lack of guns in this country makes something like that highly unlikely (we have imported a fair number of people who probably wouldn't think twice though, had they the means).

Re security - surely we aren't going down the same road as the Americans where the possibility of arming teachers becomes a serious discussion topic?

is it me or did the hostage/shooting in sydney get more press time

The guy that died playing cricket got more coverage than this. If what at this school happened in America, Australia or any other " western" country there would be wall to wall coverage. I guess some lives are more important than others

The guy that died playing cricket got more coverage than this. If what at this school happened in America, Australia or any other " western" country there would be wall to wall coverage. I guess some lives are more important than others

5000 people were killed in November by terrorists who could be labelled as Jihadists. That is a lot of newsreel. This attack is getting extensive coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-30420218

Edited by EddardStark

• 3 weeks later...

In a strange twist, the photo of a young boy (Noah Pozner, age 6) said to have been killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting is being shown in the media as if he were a victim of the Pakistani school shooting...

noah-p.jpg

pozner3.jpg

afp-pozner1.jpg

bbc-pozner1.jpg

Do you not believe this young boy was killed in the sandy nook shooting?

It s OK We have pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq now so all those nasty Taliban types will stop murdering people ...............