Massive Week For Motherwell Fc - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hugely significant week for the steelmen.

I am expecting new owners and new manager to be announced prior to the ross county game at home at the weekend.

The only positive i can see is that although they have had a dreadful start to.the season they are not dettached at the bottom of the spl with their visitors and st mirren below them in the table ( all be it marginally).

The game against the staggies is huge, win that and it could mark the stat of them saving their season. Ross county will be thinking the same, but i am hoping the players get a lift from the aforementioned events.

Up the 'well.

Edited by Robroysboy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have definitely interviewed Rab Maaskant, apparently Butcher too, few others to interview, 1 from overseas, the rest British.

I like terry Butcher and have reasonably fond memories of his time at fir park, but he's finished bottom with 3 different sides!!

Like Butcher as well but please no.

I've not heard much about the new owner chat but sadly I don't think the well society was ever gonna work out the way they hoped.

3 huge games...Ross County, St Mirren away and Thistle at home. Would be nice if people realised that and we get some decent crowds but I won't hold my breath

You called?

Jimmy%2BCalderwood.jpg

Must be boared walking snorbitz by now?

Motherwell have a track record of picking obscure managers from left feild, some have been disasterious harry kampman who introduced finish football tactics to the highly successfull stuart mcall.

Hoping they get their choice right, dont want to finish 2nd last or last.

Wouldn't fancy a playoff with rangers or the jam tarts, tbh.

Edited by Robroysboy

Only former player i seen quoted was the dutchman rob maskaant, who we signed from utrecht.

I remember him scoring a cracker in a relegation dogfight before we offloaded him for a tidy profit.

You not mixing him up with Van der Gaag? With the goal in the relegation dogfight? ( equaliser in a 2-2 v Dunfermline IIRC to avoid the play off).

Don't laugh, but I'm reading there's a billionaire originally from Bothwell putting money in to help the 'well society take control of the club.

Used to be involved with Shaw Pipeline and is married onto one of the Shaw daughters. I doubt we'll be going out to buy Zlatan anytime soon, but if he were to take an interest in the Club it would be excellent news.

Used to be involved with Shaw Pipeline and is married onto one of the Shaw daughters. I doubt we'll be going out to buy Zlatan anytime soon, but if he were to take an interest in the Club it would be excellent news.

I'm taking it that he's putting up the money for the 'well society, but isn't looking to get involved, although that's just my take on what's already merely a rumour.

Like Butcher as well but please no.

I've not heard much about the new owner chat but sadly I don't think the well society was ever gonna work out the way they hoped.

3 huge games...Ross County, St Mirren away and Thistle at home. Would be nice if people realised that and we get some decent crowds but I won't hold my breath

You might as well chalk up your 3 points against us now, coz we are utter $h1te!!!

Edited by Marky