Players To Try Out In A Friendly Match - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Players To Try Out In A Friendly Match

kmcca5

Craig Forsyth – Must be due a run out, according to who scored.com he has been Derby’s best performer this season.

Johnny Russell – Looked great when he came on against England and must be due chance to prove himself

Any more?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree with the Derby trio already mentioned. Stevie May too.

Oh, and Tom Cairney !

Outside chance of Liam Cooper or Jack Grimmer getting run out ? That's if they are still getting regular games months from now.

Whit? Liam Cooper who has played five games for Leeds? And Jack Grimmer who is on loan at Shrewsfeckenbury!? Hae a look at yersel.

Whit? Liam Cooper who has played five games for Leeds? And Jack Grimmer who is on loan at Shrewsfeckenbury!? Hae a look at yersel.

Read my post again, very carefully

I said "That's if they are still getting regular games months from now."

Grimmer is no longer at Shrewsbury. He was recalled to Fulham and made his debut for them at the weekend.

Way Strachan was talking about Gibraltar last week, he is not going to try out any new idea's for that game, so effectively means the team that will play in the friendly will be a mixture of players who he plays regardless and a few fringe players who have shown up for squads (but not featured in the qualifiers).... ie this will be the likes of Greer, Bryson, Russell, May etc...

He is not going to call up any more new players than he has in the past.

Might be one or two new faces, plus the token "promising youngster" in his next squad, but can not see many surprises.

Saying that, would like to see what Liam Palmer can do (left back and Wednesday fans seem to rave about him.... also sure I have read that he recently got the captains armband for a few games) and Tom Cairney.... but not really expecting them to get call up's

Read my post again, very carefully

I said "That's if they are still getting regular games months from now."

Grimmer is no longer at Shrewsbury. He was recalled to Fulham and made his debut for them at the weekend.

Fair enough. See if he can hold down a first place in the English Championship before thinking about bringing him in for internationals.

McCulloch looks re-energised since moving to the back....Really what we need !!!

Only kidding

For me Alex Davey is worth a look...On loan at Shorpe just now...If he impresses between now and then I would say he is a cert...6'3 centre half who is decent with the ball...Also just signed a new 2 yr deal with Chelsea.

Think Strachan should really consider a B international.

I know they are not popular and most the time very few players ever emerge from them, but given the lack of one off friendly dates these days (friendlies now being paired with qualifiers does not allow much room for trying out a larger number of players for squads when you have a qualifier to think of).

Given Strachan knows his strongest team (bar maybe a change of player here and there), really he is not going to get much room to try out something really new any time soon.

Im suprised davey didnt feature for our u21 team considering that he played with chelsea u21`s. Has he had a change of heart?

I think he has only just turned 20 in last few weeks, so expect him to be involved in the next qualifiers with the U21 team.

He has not been involved in any England squads of late, and there was a interview in the press a year ago where he was saying he was happy to be involved in the Scotland set up (Ruben Sammut also at Chelsea has been involved a number of times with our youth squads, yet seems to go a long time between involvment).

Bryson had a chance Vs. Norway and did poorly. Forsyth and Russell yes deserve a shot but Any robertson is well ahead of Forsyth.

Cairney is young and a possibility, Rhodes surely due a recall.

Chris Martin.... Erm, naw.

One game and he's bombed out?

God knows why likes of S Fletcher, Maloney etc are still in squad then as they have had numerous howlers. One being a striker who can't score.

Canny rite bryson off in 1 game v norway, he was played out of position. he is clearly the best cm in the championship

Was he actually played out of position? Sure he played in the center with Brown and Adam, and was the weak link (though probably be excused going by the state of the pitch.... Anya had a pretty bad game also).

Good player at club level, but really has his work cut out to get a place for Scotland, as we just have far to many better players ahead of him..... but still a good squad player to have.

Im suprised davey didnt feature for our u21 team considering that he played with chelsea u21`s. Has he had a change of heart?

It said on the Shorpe Utd website that Davey was out injured for a fair bit of last season. Probably explains why he hasn't been involved with our Under 21s. See what happens in the New Year.

It said on the Shorpe Utd website that Davey was out injured for a fair bit of last season. Probably explains why he hasn't been involved with our Under 21s. See what happens in the New Year.

from may 2014 (although i see he has removed the mention of him playing for scotland from his twitter)........

Davey has also developed his own reasons for getting one over on the English, since they made a belated move to woo him back over the border. The teenager has questioned their motives. "I could prove a point to England that they should have come in for me earlier," he said.

"I didn't hear too much about their late interest, just bits and pieces from my coaches, but I chose Scotland. I'm not the sort of person to change my mind like that. Scotland came in first and I went for them. England might just have come in because they didn't want me to go and play for Scotland. They had their chances and dragged their heels a bit."

David Clarkson

I certainly thought his goal for scotland vs the czech's was a fluke. Spectacular overhead kick if my memory serves me right.

But if you consider his rich reign of form for dundee ( 8 goals in 8 consecutive games) maybe he deserves another call up to the scotland squad.

Edited by Robroysboy