Peterhead Fined £10000 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Peterhead Fined £10000

This is a joke. So all teams need to do if they are losing is field an ineligible player and they will get a replay. Doncaster really doesn't know wtf he is doing. This all stems from the rangers business. They chose to fine them instead of imposing the correct punishment. They are now in a hole with this one. Farcical.

This is a joke. So all teams need to do if they are losing is field an ineligible player and they will get a replay. Doncaster really doesn't know wtf he is doing. This all stems from the rangers business. They chose to fine them instead of imposing the correct punishment. They are now in a hole with this one. Farcical.

I don't think that's actually possible.

What was the score from the first game BTW?

I can't see why Ayr don't get a 3-0 win awarded.

Not sure it will have Doncaster's decision alone as much as I'd like to blame him.

Part of that Peterhead £10k is suspended (BBC Radio Scotland didn't say how much).

Peterhead have a wee bit of cash, but £10k is a lot of money to the majority of teams in Scotland. Even more so those in the lower leagues.

Christmas bonus is sorted at SFA towers.

£10000 seems very excessive. Bit of a nightmare for Ayr having to travel up there again.

Who will cover Ayr's expenses?

I assume that they travelled up there and played the game within the rules. Why should they be financially penalised for Peterhead's error?

they got a replay as they won the first game. If they had lost it the result would have stood. Agree with someone else though, can't see why it wasn't awarded as a 3-0

they got a replay as they won the first game. If they had lost it the result would have stood. Agree with someone else though, can't see why it wasn't awarded as a 3-0

no exactly my point. so where is the punishment for fielding an I eligible player? it should be a forfeit. but as I say the sfa have backed themselves into a hole with previous rulings.

no exactly my point. so where is the punishment for fielding an I eligible player? it should be a forfeit. but as I say the sfa have backed themselves into a hole with previous rulings.

I agree with you although the punishment that the SFA/SPFL? would say is they lose the 3 points and have to play again. It should definitely be awarded as a 3-0

Part of that Peterhead £10k is suspended (BBC Radio Scotland didn't say how much).

Bit of a nightmare for Ayr having to travel up there again.

Who will cover Ayr's expenses?

I assume that they travelled up there and played the game within the rules. Why should they be financially penalised for Peterhead's error?

It was a ing home game for Ayr!!!! Also Peterhead's lovely this time of year :moon:

Peterhead claim they had telephone confirmation that the player in question was eligible; indeed, they had contacted the SFA to specifically check that he could play. The SFA, apparently, have no record of the alleged conversation. So...either Peterhead are outright lying...or the SFA have been incompetent, both by giving the club the wrong information, and by having no record of the conversation. Which, do we think, is the more likely?