Celtic Park North Stand Barrier At Front - Dangerous. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Park North Stand Barrier At Front - Dangerous.

andyg83

Meant to ask folk who were in North stand what they thought of the front barrier.

I have to say that I found it really low in comparison to other grounds.

I mind a guy fell off during the of 'shame game'. Seeing it on Friday I am not surprised.

The lad beside me was leaning over it a few times to see below and I found myself grabbing his jacket as he was drunk. Sweaty palms thinking about it.

Must have been about 900mm high. I am sure most stadia are taller.

When I heard the tragic news I wondered if someone had fallen off.

Funnily enough, me and Mrs Bzzzz were in the North Upper and we spoke about it at the time, actually had a discussion with surrounding bunch about it an aw. Barriers are definitely too low, no surprised at all that fowk (might) fall over them.

Was in the second to front row of the JS Upper and my missus was bricking it - she hates heights at the best of times. When we scored and I grabbed her she shat it, thinking we'd toppled forwards. The fella in front had his two kids and they spent a lot of the game being fascinated by what was below them and leaning over.

I was in row A up there. Normally we'll stand for most of the match but not this time! Was weirdly low. Maybe people got bigger since the 90s?

Actually everyone all around was sitting and being quiet anyway. Think I might have stumbled upon a hampden south stand crowd. Never experienced so little singing. Except in the south stand at Hampden.

Absolutely. i was meant to be sitting in Row A but a soon as i got their i swapped with one of my pals in Row B, i am not briliant with heights

The Building regulations for houses are 1100mm with no gap more than 100mm.

Must be different rules for Stadiums as it did not look that high

Was in the second to front row of the JS Upper and my missus was bricking it - she hates heights at the best of times. When we scored and I grabbed her she shat it, thinking we'd toppled forwards.

:lol: exactly same experience fella! We were right on front row, great view though, wouldn't hesitate to choose same seats again, higher barriers would be advisable tho I think. In this H&S mad world I must admit am VERY surprised!

Edited by Bzzzz