Celtic Park/sfa Pricing - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Park/sfa Pricing

deso1

Just had to have a little rant about my thoughts.....

1). I support every Scottish team in Europe.... but I am a rangers fan..... this was my 1st visit to celtic park since I was 8 yrs old, and I was stressed how to get there on time etc (mainly cos I was dropping my Polish wife at Glasgow airport 1800).. ....Bus to queen st and walked along duke st............NAE BOTHER.

2). Was disappointed with celtic park......not well signed around ground, poor food outlets etc in the ground, but not any worse than hampden.......... MASSIVE LET DOWN DURING F.o.S............... probably cos the stadium wasn't full til long after kick off.... WHY?

3). mediocre game, good performance, great goal, great result.............every1 played ok, Robertson was gr8..........Mulgrew absolutely outstanding...... and atmosphere was gr8 AFTER the goal

4). Overall 32pound for ticket and 3pts.... I will call it paradise.

5). Wish I was going to England game, but 45, 50,60 plus travel etc was too much for a friendly.....booked the time off work months ago, so will have a day away in the pub somewhere and watch it.

ANYWAY MY POINT WAS............... Thanks to the folk I met, thanks to the players and management team............... and F the SFA.

If anyone actually reads this, thanks to you as well............ that's time you will never get back............just like the burley/levien eras.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnstiles broke and a fair chunck of our support didnt get in till 25 mins gone (lisbon lion upper)

We missed 15 mins due to hellish circumstances i.e Getting to Celtic Park via train/taxi/bus total nightmare

A total feckin shambles gettin in last night. Missed 25 soddin minutes queuing at turnstyles 40/41. SFA couldn't run a bath.

GTF YA USELESS BARSTEWARDS.

One of the big problems I could see was the fact the SFA didn't use the barcoded tickets, as every turnstyle had them.

Signage around parkhead was poor though.

Agreed, the steward at our turnstile didn't seem to know what to do with tha ticket and didn't know when to press the fecking button. Barcode, beep and your in.

I heard there were long delays getting into the North stand. Although we didn't get to the ground till 730 and had no issues. Amazes me how late people leave it to arrive.

With respect sir some have no option due to work committments and travelling distance not to mention the traffic congestion. The game should have kicked off at 8.00 to allow maximum time for fans to get there. But hey when did the powers that be ever give a Donald Duck about the fans.

With respect sir some have no option due to work committments and travelling distance not to mention the traffic congestion. The game should have kicked off at 8.00 to allow maximum time for fans to get there. But hey when did the powers that be ever give a Donald Duck about the fans.

Since they took the TV dollar.

Signage around parkhead was poor though.

Signage within the stadium didn't make sense either.

I followed the signs to my seat in 442 and ended up in 443.

I eventually moved to the correct seat but curiosity got the better of me and I checked the signage again at half time to see if I had made an arse of it.

Nope.

I didn't even have the excuse of being drunk.

I fully appreciate some people have no option. A fair chunk also stay in the pub till the last minute though.

I fully appreciate some people have no option. A fair chunk also stay in the pub till the last minute though.

To compare with Hampden, we usually arrive at the turnstiles about 10 mins before kick off and are in our seats for the anthems/kick off/1st minute.

Last night we again arrived at the turnstiles with 10 minutes to spare and ended up missing the first 15 minutes.

Signage within the stadium didn't make sense either.

I followed the signs to my seat in 442 and ended up in 443.

I eventually moved to the correct seat but curiosity got the better of me and I checked the signage again at half time to see if I had made an arse of it.

Nope.

I didn't even have the excuse of being drunk.

Same thing with me, seats in 112 and ended up in 113 after the steward pointed us in that direction. Also checked signage at half time, which showed the same direction as steward pointed us in. Apart from that it was an enjoyable night.

I heard there were long delays getting into the North stand. Although we didn't get to the ground till 730 and had no issues. Amazes me how late people leave it to arrive.

I was at the ground for 7.25. Got to our seat 5 minutes into the game.

Whilst I do agree with you mate access into Lisbon lions upper was a shambles

One thing confused me a wee bit last night. Why is seat number 1 in the middle of the row? WTF is all that aboot?

Could be wrong with this but I think Celtic start each of their sections from 1 again.

Your section isn't a block of seats but is based on your access stairs meaning you can effectively have number 1 in the middle.

If any of that makes sense? :)

The SFA had no control over the kick off time. It was decided by UEFA.

Could be wrong with this but I think Celtic start each of their sections from 1 again.

Your section isn't a block of seats but is based on your access stairs meaning you can effectively have number 1 in the middle.

If any of that makes sense? :)

Nah, that doesn't help me make sense of it. Why would a section start in the middle of a block of seats? Seems a bit Irish to me.