Can Anyone Not Really Remember Dortmund? - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can Anyone Not Really Remember Dortmund?

Bristolhibby

Was 22 back in 2003 and was my first away game.

Have very hazy memories about Dortmund, so in a way, it's like going to a new place.

Remember having a few beers in the square with the BVB shop, having some lunch and drinking in a bar while the rain lashed down.

Remember the tube broke down and we managed to get a taxi to the ground, and it being rammed in the tube coming back.

Other than that, really can't remember much. Had an old camera with film, so only took about 9 photos over the three days.

J

It was my 2nd away trip and it was a wee bit wet on match day!

Was there again during 2006 world cup in sunshine this time,

Not that fussed with staying in Dortmond too long and staying in Dusseldorf this time. Just need to find the pub where we played the Germans at darts for half pints of the "old beer" all afternoon the day after the match in 2003. Think we only lost a couple of games and had the owner phoning round trying to get his best players to come down so someone beat us.

Was 22 back in 2003 and was my first away game.

Have very hazy memories about Dortmund, so in a way, it's like going to a new place.

Remember having a few beers in the square with the BVB shop, having some lunch and drinking in a bar while the rain lashed down.

Remember the tube broke down and we managed to get a taxi to the ground, and it being rammed in the tube coming back.

Other than that, really can't remember much. Had an old camera with film, so only took about 9 photos over the three days.

J

Remember the bar we were in had a flight of stairs down to the loo where an old harpie was taking money off us for a wizz , five deep at the bar in the pub . Just across from the BVB shop . Never seen rain like it even here

I recall being drenched and one of our group flagging down a people carrier and asking for a lift to the ground. the gent said yes, probably thinking there were 2 of us.

I'll never know how 10 of us got in, but that man took us all in one go...he did get a bonus, i left my soaked Scotland top in his car. :P

It was the 3rd or 4th away game for me I think. Stayed in Bochum so things I remember about Dortmund:

• Rain
  • The gathering in the square and someone putting washing up liquid in the fountain
  • One of those f***ing footballs being punted in the air around in the square and knocking a glass out of my hand
  • Loads of TA wearing random Borussia Dortmund gear from the nearby club shop
  • My mate whose feet were soaking and cold threw away his sodden kilt socks and bought a pair of Borussia 'bumblebee' football socks.
  • Meeting Rainer Bonhof outside the stadium
  • Westfalonstadoin being a fantastic stadium

Standing in the pishing rain in the square when a kilt went by wearing flippers and snorkle :-))

he was in the front of me in a queue in the department store at one end of that square ,he must have put them on at the checkout as he just appeared from the front of the line and flip flopped out the store.....

There's a bar called wenkers in the square in dortmund, only thing i remember really because my pal was standing at the door with his arms aloft singing his heart out with the big wenker sign above him haha. Seems a lifetime ago.

Remember a couple of lads walking along with a pinched beer garden awning.

It was a massive one and had about 10 mates walking along with them underneath it.

We dashed into C&A to buy raincoats as well.

Had it for years, used to take it on all away games. No idea where it is now though.

J

That was me & my mates with the beer garden awning!!!

We borrowed it frm sum Aussie bar.

Feckin thing weighed a ton!!!

Few guys frm up North stood under it in the square & we told them it was there turn to hold it then pi$$ed of to the bar!!!!

Nae sure what they would of done with it.

Got a photo of it sumwhere, will see if i can find it.

I remember the fountain, and hailing from the Borders originally, I recall my wee brother spotting someone he knew dancing happily in the fountain soapsuds after a fair few sherbets commenting "feckin St Boswells TA, ye cannae take them anywhere" I also recall being a German speaker chatting up some German policewoman to try to get her to take pity on us and give us a lift to the ground in her nice shiny green and white van! :-))

Stayed in Dusseldorf last time around and in some ways that's more distinctive in my mind.

I remember waiting for the train back to Dusseldorf at about two in the morning.

I can remember them being a big physical team who were the worst divers I've ever seen!