Tonev The Racist - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonev The Racist

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFA released the notes and reasons for the the verdict. They believed Logan and didn't believe Tonev. There was no other evidence of what was said. Not proven IMHO.

is this the same that happens in court cases when a person pleads not guilty - jury looks at evidence and believes one person over another?

why would Logan make it up? why ? does not make sense to suddendly decide he had been abused, if Tonev said he misheard what was said it would have been a bit credible, but he did not even use that as a defence.

It's like talking to a 12 year old. God forbid anyone ever disagrees with rules, eh?

You can disagree with the rules.

Answer me a question, do you think players should be judged on the basis of the rules in place at the time the offence was committed? Yes or no will do :ok:

I think the not proven verdict should have been applied.

But you think that because you're a Celtic fan.

2 panels consisting of neutral members thought otherwise, and found him guilty. Are you actually saying that you're right, and they're wrong ? :blink:

You're getting dangerously close here to proving that no-one connected with Celtic is able to accept any blame or responsibility, for anything.

The permanent victim syndrome.

I'm sure you don't mean to sound like that.

It's hard to get confused when since the first verdict came out I have disagreed with it. There's no way to take from that that I don't think they were wrong. Even Parky gets that, Rossy.

2 panels have come to the same decision, but because he plays for Celtic they are wrong? tell me what more evidence would be acceptable for you ?

2 panels have come to the same decision, but because he plays for Celtic they are wrong? tell me what more evidence would be acceptable for you ?

Let's look at it another way. What if they had said that Tonev's evidence was reliable and Logan's wasn't and banned Logan for lying about it without any other evidence to back it up? How would you feel about that, balance of probabilities and all that?

the evidence is there - you just choose to ignore it, if Logan was lying ( and why would he?) he would deserve every ban he got. 2 panels have decided that he was telling the truth, the reaction of the player, and the defence from Tonev, proves that hewas telling the truth.

are you saying if it happened to A celtic player your reaction would be the same?

the evidence is there - you just choose to ignore it, if Logan was lying ( and why would he?) he would deserve every ban he got. 2 panels have decided that he was telling the truth, the reaction of the player, and the defence from Tonev, proves that hewas telling the truth.

are you saying if it happened to A celtic player your reaction would be the same?

Nothing has been proven. Balance of probabilities by its nature means that the decision has been made on the balance of probabilities, unsurprisingly, not on any proof. I don't think the evidence is enough to even make a decision on balance of probabilities.