Tonev The Racist - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonev The Racist

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give Evens on this thread having more posts criticising Logan for posting a daft photo, than posts criticising Tonev for calling someone a black c**t.

It's the nature of the TA Board :lol:

Aye you are probably right.

Here's Shay's last word on the affair:

On that note 1f3b5.png1f3b6.png lets forget what has happened in the past it's done n dusted 1f44f.png1f44f.png now time to move on and forget it... Il always be me 1f44d.png

"EK Mope" What age are you Cove?

The guy posted "Fukk up you ignorant person" onto my timeline so he got blocked. He can DM people if he wants to get abusive, I don't want to get involved.

What's 'DM' ?

I don't Twit.... :blink:

I'd wonder if this stupid defence about the weather actually hurt their case.

It can't have helped.

Even now Celtic could salvage some dignity in this by saying that while disappointed they accept the decision and will now move on.

They seem determined to carry on backing the player and in doing so drag their name through the mud.

We are all aware that it hasn't been proven that Tonev DID said what has been claimed?

Simply a panel of people, like you and I, have decided that on the balance of probability, he said it.

And in my opinion that should not be enough to ban someone from football for 7 matches and tag them as a racist, something which could severely harm their career.

And in my opinion that should not be enough to ban someone from football for 7 matches and tag them as a racist, something which could severely harm their career.

Wise up.

Plenty of players have been found guilty of serious offences and returned after bans and even jail sentences to play at the highest level.

Civil court cases are decided on the balance of probabilities all the time so Tonev has not been subject to any process that may not have been applied 'in the real world'.

On what basis?

That he made an allegation that was not conclusively proved one way or the other, and that having been found in his favour solely on the basis of being a more credible witness rather than on the basis of conclusive proof, he should have been keeping his head down.

As it stands, he's damaged a fellow professional's reputation for life (probably) without conclusive proof.

Kenneth Farrington's post earlier today sums it up best - agree to disagree, let it go and move on.

If that tweet or whatever it is by Shane Logan is authentic, then in the circumstances he needs his arse seriously kicked.

That he made an allegation that was not conclusively proved one way or the other, and that having been found in his favour solely on the basis of being a more credible witness rather than on the basis of conclusive proof, he should have been keeping his head down.

As it stands, he's damaged a fellow professional's reputation for life (probably) without conclusive proof.

Kenneth Farrington's post earlier today sums it up best - agree to disagree, let it go and move on.

If that tweet or whatever it is by Shane Logan is authentic, then in the circumstances he needs his arse seriously kicked.

Pathetic .... utterly pathetic,

There is a campaign called Let's Kick Racism Out which all clubs appear to support. Does that support disappear if an allegation is made against a player from your club or by a player from a club you don't like?

There are processes involved for reporting and subsequently dealing with allegations which both players, both clubs and the SFA have complied with.

Not the fault of Shay Logan that he was found to be in the right.

The hounding by some of Shay is nearly as bad the offence of racist abuse itself.

Pathetic .... utterly pathetic,

There is a campaign called Let's Kick Racism Out which all clubs appear to support. Does that support disappear if an allegation is made against a player from your club or by a player from a club you don't like?

There are processes involved for reporting and subsequently dealing with allegations which both players, both clubs and the SFA have complied with.

Not the fault of Shay Logan that he was found to be in the right.

The hounding by some of Shay is nearly as bad the offence of racist abuse itself.

Any allegation requires absolute proof to achieve legal certainty, and in this case there was no absolute proof, only a decision about who was considered to be the more credible witness.

And for the record I'm a Jags fan, so WTF are you on about when you talk about your club????

Edited by Barney Rubble

They seem to have forgotten the "Not Proven" verdict. I find it strange that they can hand out such a lengthy ban when it appears to be one player's word against another.

Wasn't that what Suarez was banned for?