Can Biden defeat Trump? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The polls say no. The Democrats big bet is people will feel the effects of an improving economy by the GE.  I am hoping the Democrats know something we don't  and have a plan, otherwise its a shit show come November. 

It’s a bit mental the race for the top job in US politics is between an old pervert with dementia and an old pervert.

Genuinely don’t get how there’s a strong preference either way.  A Stanley cup half filled with soup would surely give either a run for their money 

All depends what happens in the next 8 months

It will be a catastrophe for America and the World if Trump gets back in ...and i would pity those that tried to bring him down and failed

I don't understand how Trump wins, surely the cities and moderate states that backed Biden last time aren't going to switch to the Donald?

Incredible these are their choices.  You would think Nikki Haley would have gathered more support in the republican primaries.  Americans are a great but mad people.

In a country that has in excess of 100 million people who can be President, surely to God these can't be the best 2 candidates they can come up with.  Biden will be 86 by the end of his second term if he wins and Trump is likely to be in court on fraud and racketeering charges at the same time as he's campaigning for the White House, not to mention the cases he's lost recently including fraud (again!), defamation & sexual assault!

I just fail to understand how anybody could say "Trump is the lesser of two evils".  That's what a black american guy on the BBC said yesterday when asked his view, in a documentary.  It's like saying grass is purple or something.  How do you engage with that?😄

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

In a country that has in excess of 100 million people who can be President, surely to God these can't be the best 2 candidates they can come up with.  Biden will be 86 by the end of his second term if he wins and Trump is likely to be in court on fraud and racketeering charges at the same time as he's campaigning for the White House, not to mention the cases he's lost recently including fraud (again!), defamation & sexual assault!

The Republicans are following what The Tories did with Bozo Johnson and it's also being replicated elsewhere

They have taken populism over policy to another level

Biden is the antithesis and Starmer was supposed to be the same v Bozo

Just ends up all the sensible folk that can see through it not bothering enough to stop the populist

12 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I’m no fan of Trump but if I was American I would want a Republican winner.

Mr. Biden's team has pointed to an array of indications that the economy has rebounded remarkably well since he assumed office, including an unemployment rate that has been under 4 percent for two years and a stock market that has set record after record

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The court cases are one of the main reasons Trump wants to be president again, if he wins he’ll put people in position to get his charges dropped & pardon all the capitol insurrectionists.

48 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I’m no fan of Trump but if I was American I would want a Republican winner.

Nae surprise there, you probably want Boris & Truss back as well.

33 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Mr. Biden's team has pointed to an array of indications that the economy has rebounded remarkably well since he assumed office, including an unemployment rate that has been under 4 percent for two years and a stock market that has set record after record

yes, that’s a fair claim.  The S&P is through the roof.  It makes the performance of the FTSE look horrendous over the past ten years.

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

I would prefer someone more competent but with a right wing ideology, Thatcher/Lawson style.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿