I now have spares for Hungary and Switzerland - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I now have spares for Hungary and Switzerland

Before I start - delete if this isn't allowed. I don't want to get flagged as being a scalper.

Myself and my mate are flying over from Canada as mentioned elsewhere on the forum. We decided that since we are going a long way, we would buy the tickets on stubhub on the day of the draw just to know we had tickets. Yesterday, I checked my junk email to find I won tickets for HUngary and Switzerland. The tickets I won in the ballot were category 1 and we decided to buy them anyway with hope we can shift our other tickets.

Only issue is we paid over the odds for the other tickets to begin with. We are obviously keeping Germany (the most expensive of the 3) but have 2 pairs of tickets for Hungary and Switzerland for sale.

TBH I dunno if this is the place to post as I'll get abuse saying I'm a scalper and all that pish. I paid well over the odds but have the tickets for sale none the less.

Paid $698 USD for 2 switzerland tickets cat 3

Paid $667 USD for 2 Hungary tickets cat 3

I've the screengrabs from stubhub etc to show that is the price I paid. Looking into ways to sort this out as I think there is a situation with number of times uefa allow you to transfer tickets.

Is it a rip off? Aye it is. I was daft buying them but wanted to go. Thought I'd offer. But understand most people would say GTF.

If anyone wants them cool, otherwise I'm allowing a family member to buy them underprice.

How do sites like Stubhub and Livefootballtickets work for these Bluetooth activated tickets?

I was led to believe you can’t transfer tickets and any sale or transfer had to all be done through the UEFA portal 

Being <12 riff raff I could potentially have to use one of these sites if we qualify for the next phase of the tournament if feedback seems comforting.

If we qualify or not I will probably look at doing it anyway once I decide my whereabouts past the group stage 

To answer above question the tickets haven’t been issued to anyone yet so would only be transferred once.

SSC tickets have the transfer option blanked out. 

Ballot tickets don’t.

To help my ballot ticket last euros for Czech at Hampden was transfered to me from an English fan, then on to my mate and the transfer option was still valid for him if he has wanted to to transfer again.

My Croatia SSC ticket didn’t have the transfer option available at all.

15 hours ago, jimmyhillshitman said:

Before I start - delete if this isn't allowed. I don't want to get flagged as being a scalper.

Myself and my mate are flying over from Canada as mentioned elsewhere on the forum. We decided that since we are going a long way, we would buy the tickets on stubhub on the day of the draw just to know we had tickets. Yesterday, I checked my junk email to find I won tickets for HUngary and Switzerland. The tickets I won in the ballot were category 1 and we decided to buy them anyway with hope we can shift our other tickets.

Only issue is we paid over the odds for the other tickets to begin with. We are obviously keeping Germany (the most expensive of the 3) but have 2 pairs of tickets for Hungary and Switzerland for sale.

TBH I dunno if this is the place to post as I'll get abuse saying I'm a scalper and all that pish. I paid well over the odds but have the tickets for sale none the less.

Paid $698 USD for 2 switzerland tickets cat 3

Paid $667 USD for 2 Hungary tickets cat 3

I've the screengrabs from stubhub etc to show that is the price I paid. Looking into ways to sort this out as I think there is a situation with number of times uefa allow you to transfer tickets.

Is it a rip off? Aye it is. I was daft buying them but wanted to go. Thought I'd offer. But understand most people would say GTF.

If anyone wants them cool, otherwise I'm allowing a family member to buy them underprice.

It’s clear if you have the screenshots you’re not a scammer mate. Hope that all works out and fair play to you for buying them in the first place. I’d have done the exact same.

3 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

To answer above question the tickets haven’t been issued to anyone yet so would only be transferred once.

SSC tickets have the transfer option blanked out. 

Ballot tickets don’t.

To help my ballot ticket last euros for Czech at Hampden was transfered to me from an English fan, then on to my mate and the transfer option was still valid for him if he has wanted to to transfer again.

My Croatia SSC ticket didn’t have the transfer option available at all.

How can you transfer the ticket outwith the uefa app?

If I bought a ticket of LFT or SH for example and I’ve paid the tout and it comes to a couple of days before the game and he’s about to send the ticket over how does it activate the Bluetooth for the ticket to be activated before getting to the turnstile?

54 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

How can you transfer the ticket outwith the uefa app?

If I bought a ticket of LFT or SH for example and I’ve paid the tout and it comes to a couple of days before the game and he’s about to send the ticket over how does it activate the Bluetooth for the ticket to be activated before getting to the turnstile?

You can transfer from the app to another email address registered with the app. They’re then able to accept the ticket to their device as long as it’s a ballot ticket.

The ticket is on the buyers app and only their app so the Bluetooth is on them. 

if you’re buying an SSC ticket via a tout no idea how that works.

By the way, I'm in Scotland the now on holiday. I'm in glasgow tomorrow if anyone wants to meet me to check in I'm not a weirdo etc. Will bring my passport and the app with the tickets. Can also provide screengrab as mentioned. I also have a SSC membership number I can pass on. Anything to show I'm not a con man or a scalper.

12 hours ago, jimmyhillshitman said:

By the way, I'm in Scotland the now on holiday. I'm in glasgow tomorrow if anyone wants to meet me to check in I'm not a weirdo etc. Will bring my passport and the app with the tickets. Can also provide screengrab as mentioned. I also have a SSC membership number I can pass on. Anything to show I'm not a con man or a scalper.

I take it that the tickets you have from Stub Hub are just a confirmation email from them at the moment?

My concern with them is the trustpilot reviews that are folk saying that they received a screen shot of the ticket and then this not working at the gate. This would be the case with the UEFA tickets as they need to be available in the app in my experience.

3 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

I take it that the tickets you have from Stub Hub are just a confirmation email from them at the moment?

My concern with them is the trustpilot reviews that are folk saying that they received a screen shot of the ticket and then this not working at the gate. This would be the case with the UEFA tickets as they need to be available in the app in my experience.

I can say from personal experience that if the seller on StubHub sent me a screenshot (and marked their tickets as delivered on the StubHub system), then I would know just to enter immediate dispute with StubHub. 

The transfer mechanism for these tickets is built in to the UEFA app and once the seller puts in your email address and hits Transfer, the recipient/buyer needs to accept the tickets, at which point you will become the only person that sees/owns them. If anyone had used the Transfer feature on ticketmaster recently, it’s the same concept. 

In short, anyone being sent a screenshot of a QR code for these tickets would be daft to go as far as trying to use it at a gate. They should have disputed it the moment they receive a QR code rather than an official ticket transfer via app.

39 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I can say from personal experience that if the seller on StubHub sent me a screenshot (and marked their tickets as delivered on the StubHub system), then I would know just to enter immediate dispute with StubHub. 

The transfer mechanism for these tickets is built in to the UEFA app and once the seller puts in your email address and hits Transfer, the recipient/buyer needs to accept the tickets, at which point you will become the only person that sees/owns them. If anyone had used the Transfer feature on ticketmaster recently, it’s the same concept. 

In short, anyone being sent a screenshot of a QR code for these tickets would be daft to go as far as trying to use it at a gate. They should have disputed it the moment they receive a QR code rather than an official ticket transfer via app.

The issues noted on Trust Pilot are more centred around EPL clubs who probably don't have this type of transfer facility in place and they are relying on QR codes being sent out.

I'm only really needing one ticket and would like it to be in place and in mu UEFA app before I travel.

4 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

The issues noted on Trust Pilot are more centred around EPL clubs who probably don't have this type of transfer facility in place and they are relying on QR codes being sent out.

I'm only really needing one ticket and would like it to be in place and in mu UEFA app before I travel.

That makes sense as the reviews will be based on a whole mix of differing ticket systems. Some more secure than others. 

In terms of wanting the peace of mind of the ticket in your app before you travel - the unfortunate thing is that nobody knows for certain when UEFA will release the tickets. Estimates range from days to weeks before the games. Until that happens, nobody can transfer anything. 

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

That makes sense as the reviews will be based on a whole mix of differing ticket systems. Some more secure than others. 

In terms of wanting the peace of mind of the ticket in your app before you travel - the unfortunate thing is that nobody knows for certain when UEFA will release the tickets. Estimates range from days to weeks before the games. Until that happens, nobody can transfer anything. 

Travelling the day before the game so I'd hope that UEFA had released the tickets by that point. I've never had been in a scenario with UEFA where I didn't have the tickets at least a week before the game.

1 hour ago, Lion Rampant said:

Travelling the day before the game so I'd hope that UEFA had released the tickets by that point. I've never had been in a scenario with UEFA where I didn't have the tickets at least a week before the game.

I don't know if this helps at all for this time round, but just for comparison purposes, for the last EUROs I got mine 10 days before each game. They sent each game out at different times, and every one was exactly 10 days before each game.

9 hours ago, euan2020 said:

waiting for people losing their phones night before, and not having access to the apps day of the game  - or having flat battery etc  

This is actually a worry for me as I’ve lost a couple of phones before on Scotland trips.

What would be the procedure? Buy a new iPhone and download all apps again?

1 minute ago, mwng said:

This is actually a worry for me as I’ve lost a couple of phones before on Scotland trips.

I would imagine just make sure you have note of sign in ID and password, and can then use someone else's phone 

3 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I would imagine just make sure you have note of sign in ID and password, and can then use someone else's phone 

These 9pm ko times are going to be a disaster for some!

Think I’ll just be leaving my phone in the safe and taking it easy on matchdays. I’ll be a nervous wreck till I actually get in the ground.

2 hours ago, mwng said:

You would probably need to go to UEFA staff at the ground with some form of ID. 

My understanding is that to register (or transfer) to a new phone, you first need to log out of the UEFA app on your existing phone. So in the scenario of a lost phone, you’re not able to do that. 

8 hours ago, mwng said:

These 9pm ko times are going to be a disaster for some!

Think I’ll just be leaving my phone in the safe and taking it easy on matchdays. I’ll be a nervous wreck till I actually get in the ground.

I remember folk in a camper van getting broken into in 98 and getting their Brazil tickets stolen - unless that was McArthurs book and was 92 and was Sweden .........memory playing tricks 

Mentioned this is another thread a few weeks ago but in exactly the same boat as @jimmyhillshitman and hope he doesn't mind me now adding info here given he has got rid of his Hungary tickets. We also bought tickets for all 3 games through Live Football Tickets thinking we had no chance in the UEFA ballot, which initially proved correct, but then I got lucky in the 2nd ballot and secured 4 tickets for the Hungary game (at 400 Euros a pop!). I bought those meaning we had 4 spares for that match - 2 of which have now been sold. So a pair remains - just want to cover costs especially given subsequent outlay so they are £327.50 each - can forward confirmation etc to any interested party. What I did with the other buyer - on JKB - was have him pay for 1 ticket now to secure them and mean I stop actively selling them, with the balance to be paid when I have the tickets - obviously likely to be much nearer the day of game. 

1 hour ago, magicTs said:

Mentioned this is another thread a few weeks ago but in exactly the same boat as @jimmyhillshitman and hope he doesn't mind me now adding info here given he has got rid of his Hungary tickets. We also bought tickets for all 3 games through Live Football Tickets thinking we had no chance in the UEFA ballot, which initially proved correct, but then I got lucky in the 2nd ballot and secured 4 tickets for the Hungary game (at 400 Euros a pop!). I bought those meaning we had 4 spares for that match - 2 of which have now been sold. So a pair remains - just want to cover costs especially given subsequent outlay so they are £327.50 each - can forward confirmation etc to any interested party. What I did with the other buyer - on JKB - was have him pay for 1 ticket now to secure them and mean I stop actively selling them, with the balance to be paid when I have the tickets - obviously likely to be much nearer the day of game. 

Are you selling the uefa ballot tickets or the ones bought from live football tickets?

On 2/3/2024 at 10:36 AM, AlfieMoon said:

You would probably need to go to UEFA staff at the ground with some form of ID. 

My understanding is that to register (or transfer) to a new phone, you first need to log out of the UEFA app on your existing phone. So in the scenario of a lost phone, you’re not able to do that. 

Log out of your phone the night before. Get pished, lose the phone. Log in to your burner phone in the hotel safe. 

You have got me thinking now. I think I will do that the night before the games.

J