New jersey - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jersey

Bzzzz

17 minutes ago, thesaint said:

See a story saying lots of Scotland fans are receiving the new shirts from the cheap sites with English players names on the back of their shirts by mistake. I suggest there are quite a few characters on this forum who have just had their wet dreams come true. 😂😂

Just to say thought it was an April fool at first but the story didn't appear until the 3rd so that wouldn't work. Good luck to anyone who has ordered a shirt with a players name on it and is waiting for it to arrive. 😊

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

See a story saying lots of Scotland fans are receiving the new shirts from the cheap sites with English players names on the back of their shirts by mistake. I suggest there are quite a few characters on this forum who have just had their wet dreams come true. 😂😂

Would have been funny if England fans had been getting jerseys with Scotland players names on the back, on top of the stushie with the flag . 

On 4/2/2024 at 9:29 AM, Johnnyshaker said:

Has anyone bought the 150th top from - cough - 'other sources' and compared it to a JD one? 

Mine arrived this morning and I'd be interested to see if anyone could tell the difference. Mine looks spot on.

I’ve yet to see a DH gate kit that is indistinguishable from a real one.  

16 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I’ve yet to see a DH gate kit that is indistinguishable from a real one.  

Ive ordered the new home and have the real one so ill be able to compare. I have legacy DH Gates and can compare them to memory,  most of them I cant tell them apart. I posted a bunch of pics the 150 top if you haven't seen them. My 1986 pair are the weakest replicas, the away yellow is too bright and they used a modern circular badge. Wearable sizes is what i've struggled with about 8/10 times as an XXL wearer.  

Edited by romanticscot

2 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Ive ordered the new home and have the real one so ill be able to compare. I have legacy DH Gates and can compare them to memory,  most of them I cant tell them apart. I posted a bunch of pics the 150 top if you haven't seen them. My 1986 pair are the weakest replicas, the away yellow is too bright and they used a modern circular badge. Wearable sizes is what i've struggled with about 8/10 times as an XXL wearer.  

Agree with the 1986 away shirt. Far too bright yellow and wrong badge. Poorest effort I have seen from them. Most are pretty close to originals. 

• 2 weeks later...

Surely the way that JD are putting on the euros badges isn’t right?

I spotted someone suggesting that the aren’t centred to the 3 stripes, because they are instead centred to the sleeve. It just looks ridiculous though. Can’t imagine the team will be running out like that. 

IMG_9512.png

IMG_9511.png

• 2 weeks later...

I now have an official and unofficially sourced Home jersey.  Here are the side my side comparisons.   My expensive one is XXL....and fits....my XXXL cheap doesn't fit me. That is immediately apparent, as is the shade of yellow on the collar and  the quality of the patch.  Yyou can see a few variations, they appear about the same weight, and the materials feel the same with the exception of the webbed portion at the lower back half because the official one is see through, but to the eye they look the same.  The other thing you will notice is the brightness of the patterned motif - you can see the unofficial one is not as bright, and the shape of the yellow piece under the arm pits is different.  Now I will say if I was wearing my unofficial one, the only thing that would give it away is the patch I firmly believe everything else would go unnoticed . 

PXL_20240426_193654615.MP.jpg

PXL_20240426_193632798.MP.jpg

PXL_20240426_193741740.MP.jpg

Just got 3 home and 1 away delivered from dhgate, looks good enough for £14 will compare with some rich cunt in Germany 😂

On 4/26/2024 at 8:46 PM, romanticscot said:

I now have an official and unofficially sourced Home jersey.  Here are the side my side comparisons.   My expensive one is XXL....and fits....my XXXL cheap doesn't fit me. That is immediately apparent, as is the shade of yellow on the collar and  the quality of the patch.  Yyou can see a few variations, they appear about the same weight, and the materials feel the same with the exception of the webbed portion at the lower back half because the official one is see through, but to the eye they look the same.  The other thing you will notice is the brightness of the patterned motif - you can see the unofficial one is not as bright, and the shape of the yellow piece under the arm pits is different.  Now I will say if I was wearing my unofficial one, the only thing that would give it away is the patch I firmly believe everything else would go unnoticed . 

PXL_20240426_193654615.MP.jpg

PXL_20240426_193632798.MP.jpg

PXL_20240426_193741740.MP.jpg

When you say the XXXL cheapo doesn’t fit do you mean it’s too big or too small?

That’s always my concern buying stuff online

14 hours ago, one t in scotland said:

Fork out £70 and you're an absolute mug.

Correct, it's insanity. I'm 35 but growing buying my own tops from 16ish they were about £20 maybe £25 max and that was ok. The price now compared with wages etc going up is just ridiculous 

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

When you say the XXXL cheapo doesn’t fit do you mean it’s too big or too small?

That’s always my concern buying stuff online

Too small. About 30% of DH Gate doesnt fit me, when I buy off the rack I buy XXL. If you dont need the biggest like me, order it anyway. I give them to my pal who wears an L and he is fine. Its a bit of a gamble.