Euro 2024 Germany 5 city Itinerary aka German Interrailing for older gits ! - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2024 Germany 5 city Itinerary aka German Interrailing for older gits !

WeeJohnny

1 hour ago, saintydave said:

The way I read it is a single or return ticket to any match city from wherever you are travelling in Germany, in theory anyone can purchase them but the fan pass will act as a rail card which will be required to be shown along with the ticket for inspection.

Yeah or that. They will double check somehow but I think this bill be sorted well.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:13 AM, TA-West Germany said:

As posted somewhere else: I heard in Radio last week that they plan on having 30€ tickets one way for ICE trains for match ticket holders. Did not find anything online on that yet.

Does that include travel the next day? Me and my friends are going one way from Munich to Oberhausen the day after the Germany game

17 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Does that include travel the next day? Me and my friends are going one way from Munich to Oberhausen the day after the Germany game

Think it allows any two seperate journeys. I am going Munich to Cologne and Cologne to Stuttgart. That will be my two journeys. 

6 hours ago, saintydave said:

The way I read it is a single or return ticket to any match city from wherever you are travelling in Germany, in theory anyone can purchase them but the fan pass will act as a rail card which will be required to be shown along with the ticket for inspection.

Yeah or that way. Will be easy once sorted 

On 12/9/2023 at 1:02 PM, King Of Paisley said:

I think it works as 2 train journeys per match. For example, to and from a host city from wherever as long as you have a match ticket.

Folk saying there's limited availability are wrong (l think!) as that is for the inter-rail pass if you are coming from another country. 

13 hours ago, Will-i-am77 said:

I think it works as 2 train journeys per match. For example, to and from a host city from wherever as long as you have a match ticket.

Folk saying there's limited availability are wrong (l think!) as that is for the inter-rail pass if you are coming from another country. 

"You can buy the “DB Ticket Euro 2024” from January 2024. The offer is issued based on availability. It may therefore be that a “DB Ticket Euro 2024” is no longer available for certain times and trains"

From the DB website 

• 2 weeks later...

Think for train travel (internally) it will pretty much comes down to your length of journey. I see UEFA launch the 29 Euro one way ticket mid January in the meantime you can check the DB website to see how much the cost is and if it is within the same range would be better off booking with DB

Only one part of our journey is above 29 Euro (Munich – Kaiserslautern) which is around 70 euro the other two are below

4 hours ago, Big Brows said:

Think for train travel (internally) it will pretty much comes down to your length of journey. I see UEFA launch the 29 Euro one way ticket mid January in the meantime you can check the DB website to see how much the cost is and if it is within the same range would be better off booking with DB

Only one part of our journey is above 29 Euro (Munich – Kaiserslautern) which is around 70 euro the other two are below

Kaiserslautern isn't very well connected to the high speed network, might want to look at getting to somewhere like mannheim then regional from there. 

11 hours ago, saintydave said:

Kaiserslautern isn't very well connected to the high speed network, might want to look at getting to somewhere like mannheim then regional from there. 

All booked through to the DB website for 60 Euro - Munich Hbf - Mannheim - Kaiserslautern with the Group Super Saver on top got a discount of 10 euro for each person. Could have waited until mid-Jan but for the sake of a small saving and no guarantee so just booked there

Just for anyone else using the train a good bit:  we've started booking out tickets (the window around the first two games has just opened) and we've found for what we're doing the "trial bahn 25 card" works out cheaper (about 100 Euros cheaper) than doing our itinerary via a 4 or 5 day country pass. The trial card costs 39.90 Euros and gives you 25% off (Don't take the pish but this is first class as we're treating ourselves and getting older + we want to be near the bar carriage !).  www.bahn.de/bahncard

Got our rail travel sorted. Was considering waiting for the Euro 2024 €30 rail tickets going on sale next month but there were cheaper inter city options now available on the DB website (tickets are put onsale at 2300 UK time, 6 months in advance).

Going to Wuppertal to see the Schwebebahn after the Switzerland game, from there to Berlin for a couple of days in the capital. Then on to Stuttgart for Hungary. As we're flying back from Geneva, need to get a train to Zurich and change onto Swiss Rail there.

All that came to around 100 quid and about half of that is the Swiss leg.

Good effort! - (glad it's no just us likely to get slagged off for going first especially when we are likely to be in the bistro/bar most of the trips). We are:-

Munich to Leipzig

Leipzig to Koln via Frankfurt

Koln to Nuremberg and

Nuremberg to Stuttgart 

For about £170 (1st) plus the Deutsch Bahn ticket at 40 euros. The 4 day rail pass was coming in at £268.

One bit of downside is the Nuremberg to Stuttgart train (is the only one) without a bar. It's an hour and 10 minutes so don't know how we'll cope ! 

Hope Deutsch Bahn have their bevy well stocked ! 

Had a bit time to study the train situation, and given the deal in January has limited availability, and from what I could see trains were starting to fill up fast, we decided to get our route booked

12/6 Edinburgh - Basel 25/6 Geneva- Edinburgh £235

Basel - Munich - Oberhausen- Cologne - Strasbourg - Stuttgart - Geneva £225 ( Oberhausen - Cologne Free on match day ) Seats reserved on all long journeys.

£460 for the travel happy at that 🍻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Will be buying Deutschland Ticket later but including cost of that, got Mannheim-Augsburg, Augsburg-Munich return, Augsburg-Ludenscheid, Ludenscheid-Leverkusen, Leverkusen-Cologne return, Leverkusen-Stuttgart all for about £140. All long journeys with a seat reservation. Travelling through France (from Guernsey by boat) so need to get the trains into and out of Germany later but very happy with the costs so far. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2023 at 7:55 PM, WeeJohnny said:

That's when we are gonna do nurenberg. Try to forget the association with the trials - it has supossed to be a pretty town. We managed to get a really nice hotel for a good rate. Do let us know on here if anyone decides to do the same as would be up to arranging a wee sesh.  

Was in nuremberg last year a very nice historical centre ,nice old buildings ,castle ,cathedrals, an Irish bar beside the river,medieval style pubs and restaurants, 5 minutes from main railway station.