Where are you based in Germany? - Page 9 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you based in Germany?

AlfieMoon

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

It got worse since COVID, that’s right. Getting to Siegburg should be ok with first and last trains. Not sure if the S Bahn runs whole night. Are you okay with last or first one 

cheers boys!

Flying to Salzburg from Manchester on Thursday 13th mini bus to Munich then back home Saturday.

Back over Tuesday direct flight to Frankfurt staying In Darmstadt . got a 50 seater bus to both games from there.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, Grim Jim said:

I'm in Mannheim for a day and a half ☹️   I'm sure we'll find something, even a sports bar to watch a game or two.

I know someone who's staying in Mannheim with a local family they know.  I can ask for recommendations if you want?

(And, aye, I know this is a very late response....)

Much appreciated.   I've only had a quick look on Trip Ad, and my impression is that it's not touristy...  which has its upside 😀

We're in the city centre a couple of nights pre-Stuttgart, so a nice quarter to hang about in the afternoon, then watch a game in the evening would suit.   That and simple German food... or pizza 😄

For the record, I have many fleeting memories from Germany over the years.   I've briefly been to Düsseldorf (Alt bier, wurst & something out a window a bit like Jägermeister. Hiding in the rear of an Irish pub watching Kazakhstan hump us), Köln (Train strike, kolch & brot und käse), Dortmund (Pizza & football), Berlin (Airport Augustiner & pretzel breakfast. Cool wee bars in the east), Rottenburg ob der Tauber (Friendly hotel, fairytale town, doughballs & gravy), Munich (Work/training, Englischer Garten, hairy armpit girls, large beers & 101 ways to cook liver), Fürstenfeldbruck (Work/training, nice folks), Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Sunshine & Zugspitze. Best hotel room ever), Lindau (Bodensee & lightning. Seehunde vs lederhosen [long story]), Friedrichshafen (Sunshine, wee Zeppelin & big spiders), Freiburg (Cold fishburger lunch stop), Upper Rhine (Europapark), Heidelberg (Castle) & Berchtesgaden (Tourist bus stop from Kitzbuhel to Salzburg).

Sorry, I got carried away.   Love Germany 😆

• 1 month later...