Caley V Dons - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Caley V Dons

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from game (ok, Dutcher). Terrible performance from the Dons. Too many passengers and the only pass-marks go to Brown, Taylor and Rooney. Without looking like we would lose, we made our win look very undeserved. That's two ugly wins and 6 points we are lucky to have. I really hope for something more convincing on Thursday.

There was nothing lucky about our win against killie

If anything they were lucky to only lose 1-0

Edited by vanderark14

There was nothing lucky about our win against killie

If anything they were lucky to only lose 1-0

I'm sandbagging a bit. The Killie performance was poor but agree three points were warranted. I don't think we deserved all three points yesterday, we dropped to ICT's standard. However it makes a nice change given how many times we've jumped folk 0-0.

(Ifs and buts... )

Wondering how much the goal by 10 man Celtic will play into the final standing now.

Dons managing to have kept that at 1-1 would have seen them go top today.

Probably not any meaningful difference. I still fully expect celtic to win the league by 10 points+.

The rest of the teams will slip up against each other more than celtic will and celtic will also spend some money in January, even more so if the league is close. They have already been linked with Armstrong. A case of buying a rivals top player to weaken them as well as possibly improving yourself.

Probably not any meaningful difference. I still fully expect celtic to win the league by 10 points+.

The rest of the teams will slip up against each other more than celtic will and celtic will also spend some money in January, even more so if the league is close. They have already been linked with Armstrong. A case of buying a rivals top player to weaken them as well as possibly improving yourself.

Hard to disagree with any of that. They are looking at Shinnie too apparently. One positive though is that Delia is in charge.

I'm sandbagging a bit. The Killie performance was poor but agree three points were warranted. I don't think we deserved all three points yesterday, we dropped to ICT's standard. However it makes a nice change given how many times we've jumped folk 0-0.

I think your definition of poor is different from most people's.

Killie was an acceptable performance with a deserved win.

I agree we got dragged down a bit yesterday but a lot of games at ICT seem to be like that. I still think we deserved to win. Hayes missed a total sitter and we should have had a penalty. Their only close thing was the shot off the bar. All of Scott Brown's saves were in the 'expected to save' category. It was the sort of game we were losing 2 years ago but we seem to be able to grind out results against teams who set out to stop Hayes and Pawlett in particular.

Since we last won the league Celtic and Rangers even with their huge expenditure had many games where they dug in and took a single goal win without hitting top gear. Its what teams at the top end of the league do.

I think your definition of poor is different from most people's.

Killie was an acceptable performance with a deserved win.

I agree we got dragged down a bit yesterday but a lot of games at ICT seem to be like that. I still think we deserved to win. Hayes missed a total sitter and we should have had a penalty. Their only close thing was the shot off the bar. All of Scott Brown's saves were in the 'expected to save' category. It was the sort of game we were losing 2 years ago but we seem to be able to grind out results against teams who set out to stop Hayes and Pawlett in particular.

Since we last won the league Celtic and Rangers even with their huge expenditure had many games where they dug in and took a single goal win without hitting top gear. Its what teams at the top end of the league do.

I think it was broadly accepted the Killie performance wasn't great but that we did enough. I called it poor, but as I pointed out, I'm probably sandbagging a bit. We were speaking to some Killie fans after the game and they thought they were worth a point.

Anyway, I'm not being negative, just happy we are winning games despite not clicking.

Edited by SMcoolJ

I think it was broadly accepted the Killie performance wasn't great but that we did enough. I called it poor, but as I pointed out, I'm probably sandbagging a bit. We were speaking to some Killie fans after the game and they thought they were worth a point.

Anyway, I'm not being negative, just happy we are winning games despite not clicking.

Were the killie fans hammered?

We hit the post, hit the bar, Rooney and goodwillie missed sitters and killie had at least 7 players at their 18 yard box anytime we got the ball. Any creativity they had went off with the injured right back.

They came to snatch a point or a one nil win and failed and they certainly weren't worth a point. Two years ago we struggled to unlock teams who sat in like that but we are doing it now

I was pissing myself at the ict defenders comments after the match, bitter doesn't even start to describe him

I attended that game with 8 Killie fans, everyone of them said they were shite, never going to score and lucky to only lose 1-0. :lol:

Were the killie fans hammered?

We hit the post, hit the bar, Rooney and goodwillie missed sitters and killie had at least 7 players at their 18 yard box anytime we got the ball. Any creativity they had went off with the injured right back.

They came to snatch a point or a one nil win and failed and they certainly weren't worth a point. Two years ago we struggled to unlock teams who sat in like that but we are doing it now

I was pissing myself at the ict defenders comments after the match, bitter doesn't even start to describe him

Haven't seen the ICT comments, what were they saying?

Great birthday day out.

Got 3 points.

Good Swally before and after the game.

One question though,why do they get away with having portaloos x 2 as adequate facilities for (without wanting to bring up crowd numbers) 3,000+ supporters and a wee cabin behind the left hand side?

Disgraceful facilities.

They had proper toilets on the other side of the stand! Pretty unimpressive performance, missed Logan badly, draw would have been a fair result.

ICT have a massive chip on the shoulders when it comes to Aberdeen.

File under bitter claptrap.

According to Aberdeen fans on here everyone does. When in reality no one really cares about them at all as hurtful as that must be for you.

As for the player interview I doubt someone from Bristol really has many chips on their shoulder regarding Aberdeen. Again as hurtful as that is to take.

According to Aberdeen fans on here everyone does. When in reality no one really cares about them at all as hurtful as that must be for you.

As for the player interview I doubt someone from Bristol really has many chips on their shoulder regarding Aberdeen. Again as hurtful as that is to take.

Agreed. Sorry we gubbed your pathetic wanna be hûn Snecky bastards te high heaven.

Anyway, back to the game, having seen the highlights...

Aberdeen definitely should have had a penalty, Rooney's header on goal was blocked by the defender's arm, which was above his head. Stonewall penalty, despite the pash talked about it on Sportscence.

Also, during the move (from the free kick) which led to Caley hitting the bar, there was a challenge on Brown which nine times out of ten would have been given as a foul on the keeper. However, the ref got it spot on. Fifty-fifty ball, the attacker won it, the fact that he also took Brown out is irrelevant.

Aberdeen definitely should have had a penalty, Rooney's header on goal was blocked by the defender's arm, which was above his head. Stonewall penalty, despite the pash talked about it on Sportscence.

Also, during the move (from the free kick) which led to Caley hitting the bar, there was a challenge on Brown which nine times out of ten would have been given as a foul on the keeper. However, the ref got it spot on. Fifty-fifty ball, the attacker won it, the fact that he also took Brown out is irrelevant.

I agree.

Perfectly good challenge - got the ball first.

To quote Half Man Half Biscuit "handball has to be deliberate and very rarely is, if only people would study the rules more".