Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 11 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splitties wouldnae make it that far..... LOL :-))

Guy up in EK owns a belter - slammed and it can't half shift - no idea what power plant he's got in it but saw it belting up the dual-carriageway past Kirkhill Golf Club at a fair rate of knots.

Pretty much decided on Cork - straight from the airport to Clonmel for the evening meeting, off to Dublin the next day, then Cork on the Sunday to round it off.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Ibis is miles out. Plenty of better options at the same price bracket

No decent pubs near by and 30 mins by tram to town

If you want a few beers not a good location. Hotel is ok just the location

Sounds right but also sounds terrible!

May I suggest Tara towers On Meririon road for anyone stuck, 10mins in a taxi to city centre and you are also very close to Ballsbridge for scoops before game.

Cheers guys but they'll be no after match beers for us.

Do you reckon its as easy to get a taxi from Tara Towers to airport as it would be from Ibis ?

My brother is flying approx 7am Sun morning.

Do you reckon its as easy to get a taxi from Tara Towers to airport as it would be from Ibis ?

You will have no issues in getting a taxi from the hotel to airport - be warned your easily looking at 40 euro for the fare though

Equally u cud just get the aircoach which stops off near the Tara Towers and will take ye direct to airport every hours (including 6.46 am) - will cost about 10 eur

http://www.aircoach.ie/booking

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

talking of Taxis , any company able to take eight of us in one vehicle from the airport to College St or will we have to get two taxis and therefore pay more

Terry Rodden's yer man -

http://www.dublintaxitransfers.ie/

His MPV takes up to eight passengers and it's the same fare whether there's only one of you or eight.

27 Euros into the city centre.

He played a blinder as we were running late and only had half an hour to get from Dublin Airport to Heuston to catch a train (and we still had to buy our train tickets)!

You will have no issues in getting a taxi from the hotel to airport - be warned your easily looking at 40 euro for the fare though

Equally u cud just get the aircoach which stops off near the Tara Towers and will take ye direct to airport every hours (including 6.46 am) - will cost about 10 eur

http://www.aircoach.ie/booking

Cheers :ok: Got the airport bus in both times in 2011 & a taxi back.

talking of Taxis , any company able to take eight of us in one vehicle from the airport to College St or will we have to get two taxis and therefore pay more

Ye shud get a taxi that can accomodate 8 ppl outside the arrival entrance where the taxi rank is - there will be an airport employee there who will direct ye to yere cab but he will ask how many ppl for the cab first before he sends you to the appropriate cab

Cheers guys but they'll be no after match beers for us.

You'd fly out to the airport on a Sunday morning at that time, no bother to ya, taxis ain't cheap in the capital mind you.

Lads this may or may not be of use to you lot but the FAI are doing a 3 game package deal for scotland Poland and England games, it's €120 for the lot and while I know it may not be ideal it's at least could be an option for some of you.

I think with the prices these days for one ticket alone, this is a pretty good deal for those on low/no points.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question for GREEN TIDE or IRISH . We need 8 tickets , 2 of us should get Scotland end , another 2 have bought Abbey Travel, but expensive . I am panicking about how to get another 4 . I looked up the Polish ticket sale and noticed there were 3 presales the week before the public sale i.e. Presale then Promotion presale then Offer presale ( don't know what any of that means ). Is there any way to get in on the Presale for the Scotland game with say a Dublin address ?

Or failing that could you guys get us a couple of tickets ?( Sorry a bit cheeky)

Question for GREEN TIDE or IRISH . We need 8 tickets , 2 of us should get Scotland end , another 2 have bought Abbey Travel, but expensive . I am panicking about how to get another 4 . I looked up the Polish ticket sale and noticed there were 3 presales the week before the public sale i.e. Presale then Promotion presale then Offer presale ( don't know what any of that means ). Is there any way to get in on the Presale for the Scotland game with say a Dublin address ?

Or failing that could you guys get us a couple of tickets ?( Sorry a bit cheeky)

Don't ask, don't get.

No harm in trying. :ok:

Staying in the Inn on the Liffy, looks good and central, basic but suits my budget! Any good pubs round there? What's Fibbers rock bar like?

Think that's on Parnell St is it? Absolute kip if that's the one and not in a great area. Stay South side of the Liffey would be my advice. Harcourt St, Camden St and that area