Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 9 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already mailed a couple of the Irish guys posting on this thread, but can anyone else advise me if Thomas Street is a good location to stay ?

Should be fine. Reasonably central. I'd recommend only heading towards the city though from there.

Temple Bar is best avoided for prices as people say but it does prove hugely popular with some tourists.

• 2 weeks later...

Lower Gardiner street is near the bus station but not a great area particularly at night. The buildings are quite old too so quality of the B&Bs there may not be the best. Some may be refurbished.

You need to factor in the cost of a taxi back to your door from the pub. I would strongly advise you do not walk in this area after dark.

I thought location wasn t that bad, we would prefer to walk instead of taxi.

Why is the area bad on night? Neds looking for fight? Junkies? Both? More?

Anyway, with only the more expensive hotels left, we didn t had many other options...

Edited by McVinceSCT

I thought location wasn t that bad, we would prefer to walk instead of taxi.

Why is the area bad on night? Neds looking for fight? Junkies? Both? More?

Anyway, with only the more expensive hotels left, we didn t had many other options...

As I have said many times on this thread I would rather stay soutside of the Liffey but that's my preference and most of the places you will be going to more than likely on this side too.

Could you really not get anything in ballsbridge? I would certainly stay here ahead of gardiner St that's for sure.

What about Lower gardiner street, north of the river (not far away from train station)? Is the area great?

It's grand about 15/20 mins walk to Harcourt St Camden st area for night clubs

Ten minutes to rip off temple bar and the train to Lansdowne goes from round the corner

Times are walking

Edited by greenforever