Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 8 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

Appreciate your advice lads.

If we can get something south of the river for the same price then we could think about swapping apartments but if not then it sounds like we'll get on fine at North Frederick.

Mind me asking what the budget is per night per head and how many? I'll see if I can find anything decent for you online

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bother with kilts/colours, there is no problem mixing fans IMO especially when both sets of fans have such good reputation, my recommendation for home tickets if you need to would be to try and get west lower in the corner near the South terrace, that's where your official allocation will be.

If we get any Home end tickets, How welcome will Scotland colours/Kilts be?

Scots fans (Kilts and all) will be welcomed by the Irish fans if you are in the Home end in Lansdowne Road - you wont get any trouble from us only good craic

I dont forsee any trouble with ye getting passed stadium officials if ye have tickets into the Home end either - they wont stop ye unless UEFA issues a severe clamp down on opposition fans in the Home end in the meantime - which i severly doubt they will

Ye will be fine - nothing to worry about

Not a bother with kilts/colours, there is no problem mixing fans IMO especially when both sets of fans have such good reputation, my recommendation for home tickets if you need to would be to try and get west lower in the corner near the South terrace, that's where your official allocation will be.

do you not mean north terrace bud?

They wont get official allocations near the south terrace

Mind me asking what the budget is per night per head and how many? I'll see if I can find anything decent for you online

Self catering apartment on the Friday and Saturday night for 4 or 5 people is our preferred option.

We've got one booked in the heart of Temple Bar for £329 but I'll be cancelling that soon as last week we managed to pick-up another one in North Frederick for £236.

Scots will be in north stand

If you want to be near that west lower block 130+ or east lower.

You will be more than welcome no matter where you are

If you end up in the singing section on the south be prepared to stand and also to find your seats occupied. This area is unofficially free standing.

Self catering apartment on the Friday and Saturday night for 4 or 5 people is our preferred option.

We've got one booked in the heart of Temple Bar for £329 but I'll be cancelling that soon as last week we managed to pick-up another one in North Frederick for £236.

Go with the Nth Frederick st one lad - no idea what ur accom is like but the area is fine ---- its practically city centre ...ull see a few gobshites around - but ye wont be hassled there

The buildings in that area are old georgian style buildings on that street - so id expect ur accomdation to be good

Its a quick walk to temple bar and the rest of the action in dublin

Its absolutely fine for a football trip - ive stayed in a serious amount of sh*tholes while travelling with Ireland and Nth Frederick St is like Millionaires Drive compared to those

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

I appreciate your advice GTR :ok:

ur welcome mate

Its far from perfect - but it will do ye fine as opposed to paying an extra 100 pound in bloody temple bar

But u and the lads are here to watch a game of footie, have beers and the craic .....all ye need is a place to kip ...Nth frederick is perfectly fine and safe for that.

As i said its practically an extension of o'connell st(dublins biggest st) , and theres loads of bars on that street and around there to quench yere thirst while enroute to other parts of Dublin

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Absolutely zero issue whatsoever.

thats good cause I am taking the wean and she has zero points & has no chance of a ticket (bring back Marjorie she used to make sure the boy got a ticket for the 1 away game I took him on per qualifying ) So I will be in your end unless I score a ticket for the Scotland end for her

Green Tide and Irish can you run us through how we will get home end tickets, because with the low allocation of tickets from our association to Irish supporters I doubt if we will get away end tickets on 4 points . I read they are sold through Ticketmaster ,will we be able to buy them over the internet and get them sent to a Scottish address ?

Green Tide and Irish can you run us through how we will get home end tickets, because with the low allocation of tickets from our association to Irish supporters I doubt if we will get away end tickets on 4 points . I read they are sold through Ticketmaster ,will we be able to buy them over the internet and get them sent to a Scottish address ?

If you can't I'll buy them for you and will post to your Scottish address.

Too many wind up merchants mate just ignore folk like that as you irish lads have been a great help to us.I think most of us would struggle to organise some stuff when we go to away games so any help from the opposition support is appreciated.I just hope we can help you when your over nex week apart from the 3 points though. :-))