LOT / How people getting there - Page 3 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

LOT / How people getting there

WeeJohnny

On 10/30/2023 at 10:36 PM, DesiScotsman said:

I’m on the same return flight as you. Did you manage to get a seat on that Tbilisi to Paris flight? I didn’t get an option to choose one when I booked it through AirFrance even though I was able to book a seat for the other 3 flights.

Flying out on Wed 15th Nov:

EDI (0600) - CDG (0850)

CDG (12:35) - TBS (2025)

Flying back on Fri 17th Nov:

TBS (1215) - CDG (1415)

CDG (2035) - EDI (2125)

Didn't have any difficulties booking the Tiblisi- CDG flight. 

Maybe I was just lucky!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had plans to do the Ed-CDG-Tblisi route but mates work wouldn't give holidays. Was £360 Cdg-Tblisi return.  Low and behold they have now agreed his holidays and I can only see £780 or double that on Georgian Airlines. 

Would be 3 of us with a youngster who has support needs meaning we need to be direct as possible (2 flights from Scotland) 

Am I missing a trick here or is it just tough luck from delaying. £780 is a deal breaker as is the cheaper 3 flights route. 

Edited by Langtoun exile
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Langtoun exile said:

Had plans to do the Ed-CDG-Tblisi route but mates work wouldn't give holidays. Was £360 Cdg-Tblisi return.  Low and behold they have now agreed his holidays and I can only see £780 or double that on Georgian Airlines. 

Would be 3 of us with a youngster who has support needs meaning we need to be direct as possible (2 flights from Scotland) 

Am I missing a trick here irbisbit just tough luck from delaying. £780 is a deal breaker as is the cheaper 3 flights route. 

Try booking the return let with Georgian Airways direct

Worked out a good bit cheaper for me, just pay in euros

50 minutes ago, Langtoun exile said:

Am I missing a trick here or is it just tough luck from delaying. £780 is a deal breaker as is the cheaper 3 flights route. 

Edinburgh - Antalya - Tbilisi leaving 8.30 Wednesday morning is still under £200, if that helps at all. 

On 11/1/2023 at 1:18 PM, marinello said:

Didn't have any difficulties booking the Tiblisi- CDG flight. 

Maybe I was just lucky!

Cool, did you book your flight through AIr France? It's no biggie as I'm sure I'll be able to select a seat when I do check-in for that flight as there definitely will be a fair few seats unoccupied.

Anyone got any idea if you require a Turkish visa when passing through Istanbul on route to Tbilisi?  

Flying with Pegasus and have read a few reviews of them refusing travel / charging 400 pound for an emergency visa so thought I best get all sorted in advance if required.

14 minutes ago, Weejimmy said:

Anyone got any idea if you require a Turkish visa when passing through Istanbul on route to Tbilisi?  

Flying with Pegasus and have read a few reviews of them refusing travel / charging 400 pound for an emergency visa so thought I best get all sorted in advance if required.

That doesn't sound right. Where are you hearing that?

I flew to Armenia via Antalya, Turkey....

Two separate flight bookings, so I had to go through immigration, collect luggage, etc... (as if I was staying in Turkey) then walked round to departures and I don't remember anything about a visa.

Seems unlikely for somewhere that receives so many summer holiday tourists.

I’m in Antalya for 7 hours (if lucky with immigration / security) so maybe more likely 3 after travel to town / beach. 

It worth venturing out?
or should I just make myself comfy at the airport bar haha - travelling alone. 

What’s not to be missed if I do venture out? 

Antalya airport to the city centre is only 20-30 minutes by taxi, definitely better than hanging about the airport. The centre has plenty of old buildings, nice restaurants and a handful of bars, but the coastline is kinda cliffs and rocks.

The beach area is a bit closer, but pretty much Benidorm or Blackpool in a different location. There's nothing to see or do in that area, apart from the obvious.

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Antalya airport to the city centre is only 20-30 minutes by taxi, definitely better than hanging about the airport. The centre has plenty of old buildings, nice restaurants and a handful of bars, but the coastline is kinda cliffs and rocks.

The beach area is a bit closer, but pretty much Benidorm or Blackpool in a different location. There's nothing to see or do in that area, apart from the obvious.

Useful cheers 

2 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Useful cheers 

Flew via Antalya on way back from Diyarbakir.

Theres a metro train from right outside the airport takes you to the centre (from memory about 30 mins) and costs buttons.

From centre stop theres a sort of old town/bazaar area which you can walk through down to a small harbour. Plenty places to eat and have a beer.

Whatever you end up doing, get out the airport, they wouldn't let me into departures until 2 hours before flight.

Good luck!

7 hours ago, Old Timer said:

Flew via Antalya on way back from Diyarbakir.

Theres a metro train from right outside the airport takes you to the centre (from memory about 30 mins) and costs buttons.

From centre stop theres a sort of old town/bazaar area which you can walk through down to a small harbour. Plenty places to eat and have a beer.

Whatever you end up doing, get out the airport, they wouldn't let me into departures until 2 hours before flight.

Good luck!

Lovely cheers!