League Cup 23-24 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

41 minutes ago, slasher said:

It’s not whataboutery. It’s the root cause of your problem. The governing body and their partners were done out of money because of the way Hibs behaved. They have clearly decided ‘fuck that’ we will decide allocations from now on. 
Try and get out of your two cheeks obsession and look at the thing properly for once 🙄

SPFL/SFA were as much to blame as Hibs. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not sure what happened with hibs. Did they ask for 50% and then not give them back?

Yes. Left 10,000 seats unsold after demanding a 50/50 split. They also sold in such a way that returning tickets was impossible. It was deliberate.

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yes. Left 10,000 seats unsold after demanding a 50/50 split. They also sold in such a way that returning tickets was impossible. It was deliberate.

Thanks for clarifying. In this instance Aberdeen are supposedly offering to return what they don't sell in time for Rangers to sell them

I don't see any issue with this and in no way should what Hibs did be used to kick Aberdeen

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thanks for clarifying. In this instance Aberdeen are supposedly offering to return what they don't sell in time for Rangers to sell them

I don't see any issue with this and in no way should what Hibs did be used to kick Aberdeen

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly, nothing to do with Aberdeen. 

You’re both missing the point. Clubs are not trusted to ask for realistic allocations any more because of what Hibs did. It was so calculated and disingenuous and most importantly cost a lot of people a lot of money. 
As a result the governing body won’t risk unsold seats any more. They will decide allocations in future and you’ll just need to wear it I’m afraid!

SFA also said they couldn’t give Aberdeen an even split of tickets due to “operational issues”, bet if Celtic were Rangers opponents these operational issues would disappear. Before Celtic fans come on ranting I’m not having a pop at Celtic just stating the obvious.

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

You’re both missing the point. Clubs are not trusted to ask for realistic allocations any more because of what Hibs did. It was so calculated and disingenuous and most importantly cost a lot of people a lot of money. 
As a result the governing body won’t risk unsold seats any more. They will decide allocations in future and you’ll just need to wear it I’m afraid!

I am not missing the point, Hibs fucked up - we agree and I get the point you are making BUT this does not mean the governing bodies should punish the rest of the clubs who have not done anything wrong.

Is there any evidence to suggest this is the reason the SPFL and or SFA dictate allocations?

Edited by vanderark14

41 minutes ago, slasher said:

You are comparing apples and oranges. 

Aberdeen gave a reasonable proposal to sell tickets on a section by section basis - that would have ended any issue of unsold seats. It's exactly how the Celtic/Killie semi final last year worked. 

42 minutes ago, slasher said:

Hopefully they order Celtic to play games behind closed doors as their fans insist on breaking rules at every ground they visit. Only way they;ll learn. Rest of the Celtic support will just have to wear it im afraid. 

37 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

SFA also said they couldn’t give Aberdeen an even split of tickets due to “operational issues”, bet if Celtic were Rangers opponents these operational issues would disappear. Before Celtic fans come on ranting I’m not having a pop at Celtic just stating the obvious.

Of course they would. They heads are so far up the old firms arse it's unreal. 

Ironically the two most paranoid supports in the country when it comes to their thoughts on the authorities. Zero self awareness. 

25 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

It should be a 50/50 split, and the clubs want 50%, they can decide to sell all, or not.  

However, clubs should front load the cash so that the SPFL aren't left out of pocket.  

Sensible post Ormond 😉👏

I seriously doubt you’d see as many calls for a 50/50 split in those circumstances 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aberdeen gave a reasonable proposal to sell tickets on a section by section basis - that would have ended any issue of unsold seats. It's exactly how the Celtic/Killie semi final last year worked. 

Hopefully they order Celtic to play games behind closed doors as their fans insist on breaking rules at every ground they visit. Only way they;ll learn. Rest of the Celtic support will just have to wear it im afraid. 

You are just being a dick now 🤷🏼‍♂️

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am not missing the point, Hibs fucked up - we agree and I get the point you are making BUT this does not mean the governing bodies should punish the rest of the clubs who have not done anything wrong.

Is there any evidence to suggest this is the reason the SPFL and or SFA dictate allocations?

Hibs didn’t fuck up. What they did, they did quite deliberately to try and gain some imaginary advantage. Unfortunately they didn’t factor in costing people money. People don’t like that and will try and avoid it happening again. I’m not sure what difficulty you’re all having with that.

Furthermore selling section by section doesn’t guarantee no empty seats. If you sell 50 seats in a section that’s it’s fucked. If the governing body can guarantee a full house they will. Why wouldn’t they? I feel like I’m talking to a cast of blinkered idiots here and Celtic aren’t even involved 😂

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Sensible post Ormond 😉👏

I seriously doubt you’d see as many calls for a 50/50 split in those circumstances 

Not him

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

You are just being a dick now 🤷🏼‍♂️

Probably just giving you a taste of your own writing style 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

Furthermore selling section by section doesn’t guarantee no empty seats. If you sell 50 seats in a section that’s it’s fucked. If the governing body can guarantee a full house they will. Why wouldn’t they? I feel like I’m talking to a cast of blinkered idiots here and Celtic aren’t even involved 😂

Exhibit A: Aberdeen gave a reasonable proposal to sell tickets on a section by section basis - that would have ended any issue of unsold seats. It's exactly how the Celtic/Killie semi final last year worked

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Hibs didn’t fuck up. What they did, they did quite deliberately to try and gain some imaginary advantage. Unfortunately they didn’t factor in costing people money. People don’t like that and will try and avoid it happening again. I’m not sure what difficulty you’re all having with that.

I am not having any difficulty in getting what you are saying, I totally understand the point you are making and there is no need for your last comment. We were having a civil convo, we at least I thought we were.

I'm out

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am not having any difficulty in getting what you are saying, I totally understand the point you are making and there is no need for your last comment. We were having a civil convo, we at least I thought we were.

I'm out

Oh ffs VA you’re being a bit of a princess here! 🙈

You should all know me well enough to know no offence is meant. I don’t even have a dog in this fight ffs!

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

FFS!! Easy fella....

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fixed that for you. 

Old firm even have their own dressing rooms etc at Hampden no matter who they are playing. 

Poor grammar.

I’ve said before if the rest of the club’s really think that makes any difference they should all band together and complain about it. It’s just optics though imo and makes fuck all difference!