So.. Who plays football, and where? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So.. Who plays football, and where?

So officially paid and registered for Ottawa Falcons men's over 50 league. Friday nights, perfect. I will miss the first 4 matches as I will be in Scotland. Imagine coming back from nearly 4 weeks in Scotland and trying to play football for the first time in years at my age.. Easy does it Ramy...🀣🀣🀣🀣

• 1 month later...

Parents v Coaches tomorrow afternoon in one of Aberdeens biggest pitches.Β 
Β 

Sunday may be a world of regret as I’m playing 18 holes before it.Β 
Β 

On the plus side, you’re never too old for a new pair of boots.Β 
Β 

My loon and other kids I coach will hate them as they boring apparently πŸ™„

Β 

Β 

IMG_4449.jpeg

51 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Parents v Coaches tomorrow afternoon in one of Aberdeens biggest pitches.Β 
Β 

Sunday may be a world of regret as I’m playing 18 holes before it.Β 
Β 

On the plus side, you’re never too old for a new pair of boots.Β 
Β 

My loon and other kids I coach will hate them as they boring apparently πŸ™„

Β 

Β 

IMG_4449.jpeg

All I wore was Puma King and Adidas Copa. Best boots ever...

On 5/18/2023 at 6:37 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So officially paid and registered for Ottawa Falcons men's over 50 league. Friday nights, perfect. I will miss the first 4 matches as I will be in Scotland. Imagine coming back from nearly 4 weeks in Scotland and trying to play football for the first time in years at my age.. Easy does it Ramy...🀣🀣🀣🀣

So, forgot about this thread. I made my debut 3 weeks ago. First half I played Sweeper, we went into the half down 2-0. Soni said to my mates, put me up front for the 2nd half, as I have a cannon of a shot !! We level up 2 each. No joke, injury time, I turn the defender inside out, and unleash a 35 yard rocket intae the top corner. Keeper diddnae even move. It was an amazing feeling to be back playing, and still have that cannon of a shot I was famous for. All the lads went mental.as that was our first victory of the season. Mrs.Ramy was there and jumped out her seat when I blasted it home.. We ended up winning 3-2. Not bad for my first competitive match in 10 years. Could not walk for 3 days after mind you..🀣🀣🀣

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So, forgot about this thread. I made my debut 3 weeks ago. First half I played Sweeper, we went into the half down 2-0. Soni said to my mates, put me up front for the 2nd half, as I have a cannon of a shot !! We level up 2 each. No joke, injury time, I turn the defender inside out, and unleash a 35 yard rocket intae the top corner. Keeper diddnae even move. It was an amazing feeling to be back playing, and still have that cannon of a shot I was famous for. All the lads went mental.as that was our first victory of the season. Mrs.Ramy was there and jumped out her seat when I blasted it home.. We ended up winning 3-2. Not bad for my first competitive match in 10 years. Could not walk for 3 days after mind you..🀣🀣🀣

I'm sure I read that in an issue of Roy of the Rovers when I was a boy!Β πŸ˜…

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ramy Thunderbolt Settles 5-goal Ottawa Thriller - there's your headline right there!

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm sure I read that in an issue of Roy of the Rovers when I was a boy!Β πŸ˜…

That me pal..🀣🀣🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I have met many players from all teams.Β  John Greig, Tommy Gemmel etc etc.Β  If I called them a legend they would have slapped me.Β  But now we have a self declared legend (as other things).Β  How lucky is this board to have a self declared, tall legend on it.Β  We are not worthy.

• 3 weeks later...

Friday night football... "The Scotsman".. 10 minutes after this puc was taken the sky open up, comin doon in buckets. I had a direct free kick.. Atleast 40 yards, hit the crossbar, nae joke.. Ended up 2-1, and yes, Ramy bagged the winner off a header.... πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ Ώ

20230721_184455.jpg