Mcgeady And Mccarthy - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcgeady And Mccarthy

Irishandproud

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be reading the wrong forum pal. However if you think that the Everton fans think Naismith is one of the first names on the team sheet,and if you agree with that, why don't you go and have a look at what they think of Coleman,and then come back to me.

Snodgrass is a good player,but hes not better than McGeady by any stretch. Also I asked the scousers on GrandOldTeam who had a better squad,Ireland or Coleman and the majority said Ireland,just to get a neutral take on it like, have a read of that if you wish,its in the rest of the world section.

A thread called 'Steven Naismith though'. I also cannot see the thread you have created in the 'World Football' section.

I'm never going to agree with you, there's no point, to see who has the best squad should we not just go and see what team they play for and who's higher up the league? Seems the Irish way.

Eta: said thread for you Betsy. http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/steven-naismith-though.66151/page-112 that's a few pages back mind you. I KNOW COLEMAN IS A GOOD PLAYER FOR CLUB AND COUNTRY I DO NOT AGREE HE IS A TOTAL DIFFERENT CLASS TO THE TWO SQUADS THOUGH. One of the best players from the squads? Yes. On a whole different level? Hilarious.

Edited by 1320lichtie

Not really that bothered by these two to be honest. McGeady in particular is vastly over-rated.

We came up against far better operators against the Germans and more than matched them. Nothing to see here really.

"More than matching them" would mean a result in my opinion.

Welsh fans could say Bale is on a different level, agree. Polish fans could say Lewandowski is on a different level, agree. Ireland fans saying Coleman is, lol.

I'm guessing your watching Liverpool vs Real Madrid, Coleman is better than either of Moreno,or Arbeloa. Are these two teams a massive step up on either of Ireland or Scotlands squads? Yes. But then again I suppose Bardlsey,Hutton and Robertson are better than any of the fullbacks in this game too..

Betsy123 - no it doesn't. What I meant was that we weren't taken to the cleaners by the likes of Germany's midfield. We showed no fear that night.

Hence the reason why we really shouldn't be getting all worked up by facing what is a pretty average player.

I honestly can't remember an eye catching performance by McGeady in recent times.

I'm guessing your watching Liverpool vs Real Madrid, Coleman is better than either of Moreno,or Arbeloa. Are these two teams a massive step up on either of Ireland or Scotlands squads? Yes. But then again I suppose Bardlsey,Hutton and Robertson are better than any of the fullbacks in this game too..

Lost for words!!!! Haha oh dear.

Betsy123 - no it doesn't. What I meant was that we weren't taken to the cleaners by the likes of Germany's midfield. We showed no fear that night.

Hence the reason why we really shouldn't be getting all worked up by facing what is a pretty average player.

I honestly can't remember an eye catching performance by McGeady in recent times.

Agree,don't think McGeadys that good myself,however he played alright vs Georgia.

"Marshall is one of the best goalkeepers in the world",thats another cracker I've seen on here.

Not the best in the world by any means. However he is one excellent keeper, as he proved for Cardiff last season and in recent internationals for Scotland. May very well get a move to the Premier League in the next 6-12 months.

Lost for words!!!! Haha oh dear.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1933451-dani-alves-and-the-top-20-buccaneering-full-backs-in-world-football/page/10

There you are lad,Seamie number 12, I'd have him higher than that to be honest. But realistically can you think of any Irish or Scots who would be included in such a list,in their respective posistions?

McCarthy might get on a "Under rated defensive midfielders of the world" list.