Mcgeady And Mccarthy - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcgeady And Mccarthy

Irishandproud

Gary Teale is a better player than McCarthy and McGeady combined.

Last time Big Gary went to Paris Scotland easily beat the French, successfully keeping Henry out the game.

The Irish could learn quite a lot from somebody as talented as Gary Teale.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scots could learn alot from the Irish, like how to get their Independence, we had to fight for ours,you lot couldn't tick a box. :-)):-)):-)):-)) . Leinster should be playing Scotland next November as its hardly fair that the whole nation of Ireland has to play against a province of Britain. James and Aiden, Real players,for a real country.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1933451-dani-alves-and-the-top-20-buccaneering-full-backs-in-world-football/page/10

There you are lad,Seamie number 12, I'd have him higher than that to be honest. But realistically can you think of any Irish or Scots who would be included in such a list,in their respective posistions?

McCarthy might get on a "Under rated defensive midfielders of the world" list.

Some random list made up of nobodies is proof? Did you read the rest of the names? 1 and 2 the only recognisable ones. I saw a list saying Calvin Miller is the best young talent in Europe, must be true cause it's on a list.

The Scots could learn alot from the Irish, like how to get their Independence, we had to fight for ours,you lot couldn't tick a box. :-)):-)):-)):-)) . Leinster should be playing Scotland next November as its hardly fair that the whole nation of Ireland has to play against a province of Britain. James and Aiden, Real players,for a real country.

Think we have learned a lot from you lot, mainly that you're numpties when it comes to judging a fitba player.

Have to stick up for the Irish boys here.

Coleman. As someone who watches Everton all the time I can honestly say think Hutton at his Italy best in 2007 and you are nearly there. He is a brilliant attacking fullback. Certainly no better in English prem league. Not many in the world.

Mcgeady. As much as I hate his descision to play for Ireland would be a first pick for us. He is better, considerably so, than any other wide player available to us.

McCarthy vs brown is actually a close one. Both cracking players. He is a real loss to our side but brown at his best would keep him out a Scotland side. I used to rage at his decision to play for Ireland but I've subsequently learnt a few things about the circumstances behind it, non SFA related. I am certain he actually wanted to play for us. He won't be "fit" for the game at parkhead. Mark my words.

Both players are sad loses to the Scottish international side and both would greatly improve the strength in our squad. No question.

I sincerely hope the luck of the Irish runs out against us and we give them a right hiding.

Ps - that includes them 2 anaw.

Not many sides beat us when we are away, we are a hard side to break down and generally only lose to the odd goal here and there unless it's to a top side such as Germany which Scotland are not, personally I feel it will be a very close match and hopefully we can nick it. Edited by Irishandproud

Coleman. As someone who watches Everton all the time I can honestly say think Hutton at his Italy best in 2007 and you are nearly there. He is a brilliant attacking fullback. Certainly no better in English prem league. Not many in the world.

Mcgeady. As much as I hate his descision to play for Ireland would be a first pick for us. He is better, considerably so, than any other wide player available to us.

McCarthy vs brown is actually a close one. Both cracking players. He is a real loss to our side but brown at his best would keep him out a Scotland side. I used to rage at his decision to play for Ireland but I've subsequently learnt a few things about the circumstances behind it, non SFA related. I am certain he actually wanted to play for us. He won't be "fit" for the game at parkhead. Mark my words.

Both players are sad loses to the Scottish international side and both would greatly improve the strength in our squad. No question.

A very balanced post, I hope you are wrong about McCarthy being injured, he is one of our most important players.

Coleman is twice the player Hutton is.

McCarthy-Brown is difficult. Both are excellent players.

McGeady not seen enough recently, but always felt he was overated with a poor final ball..

In terms of McGeady I agree with you, he did nothing in Russia but I have seen glimpses that he could have turned things around, and yes he really does need to improve his final ball for us.

Some random list made up of nobodies is proof? Did you read the rest of the names? 1 and 2 the only recognizable ones. I saw a list saying Calvin Miller is the best young talent in Europe, must be true cause it's on a list.

Bleacher Report is a decent website for football imo. Alaba,Baines,Lahm,Debuchy along with Alves,Marcelo and Alba are on the list. Hardly a list of nobodies, you must not watch football at all if those names aren't recognizable ones to you.

Bleacher Report is a decent website for football imo. Alaba,Baines,Lahm,Debuchy along with Alves,Marcelo and Alba are on the list. Hardly a list of nobodies, you must not watch football at all if those names aren't recognizable ones to you.

You forgot to mention John O'Shea.....

I used to rage at his decision to play for Ireland but I've subsequently learnt a few things about the circumstances behind it, non SFA related. I am certain he actually wanted to play for us. He won't be "fit" for the game at parkhead. Mark my words.

Were you the poster who said his dad works with McCarthys dad? Go on, spill the beans :wink2:

I sincerely hope the luck of the Irish runs out against us and we give them a right hiding.

Ps - that includes them 2 anaw.

What luck would that be? Drawing the world champions and losing our two best players to injury before playing them. Have draw the world champions twice in qualifiers since 2006(Italy,Germany) then got to the euros and drew the world champions again. You must be referring to those two great,late goals we scored against Georgia and Germany, please explain how a last minute goal is any luckier than a first minute one. If anything we are due abit of luck.

Edited by betsy123

I agree with most of this mate.

I watched Coleman a couple of times last season and he is an excellent fullback. In fact he impresses me every time i watch him. He would certainly play ahead of Hutton for me. that said lets be realistic. Best in the world? betsy has also taken things to an idiotic level now. Better than Arbeloa? Not for me :-))

Agree re: other two. both would definitely be good enough for the squad and in McGeady's case the starting XI as I've always rated him.

all about opinions I suppose.