Gone but not forgotten.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gone but not forgotten....

Thought I would start a new thread. I hope this is not inappropriate. Came across this and got me thinking. We should have a thread dedicated to memories of our Football heroes.. Unfortunately there will be more added as time goes by, thats life, but their memories will always live in our hearts..

RIP Davie....

Screenshot_20230323_092303_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230323_092318_Facebook.jpg

I was surprised to read earlier that Cooper was only 39 when he died, I had it in my head that he was closer to 50 (although if I'd actually thought about it that clearly couldn't be the case given he'd played in the SCF 4 years earlier).  I distinctly remember hearing the news that he'd died on the radio in the 6th year common room at school.

35 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was surprised to read earlier that Cooper was only 39 when he died, I had it in my head that he was closer to 50 (although if I'd actually thought about it that clearly couldn't be the case given he'd played in the SCF 4 years earlier).  I distinctly remember hearing the news that he'd died on the radio in the 6th year common room at school.

I'm pretty sure he was still playing for Clydebank up until the time that he passed away. I think he had just done a training session, or was about to do one, at the time he collapsed?

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm pretty sure he was still playing for Clydebank up until the time that he passed away. I think he had just done a training session, or was about to do one, at the time he collapsed?

Yeah he was in the middle of recording a TV show for kids when he collapsed.  I think I probably knew he was still playing at the time but over the passing years my mind is playing tricks on me.  

• 2 weeks later...

On holiday for a couple of weeks.  Exploring Fife.  Just going to Cardenden to visit John Thompson's grave then Hill O'Beath to see Jim Baxters statue.  Any other football related places to visit Wullie Anderson?  Will post pics.

On 3/23/2023 at 4:32 PM, Och Aye said:

Yes think he was back at Clydebank. Think he was filming a coaching Scottish TV show when he took ill. 

On 3/25/2023 at 7:56 AM, Och Aye said:

Sadly 3 from the Motherwell 1991 cup winning season died tragically young  Cooper, O'Donnell and Dolan.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/04/12/made-in-motherwell-jamie-dolan/

...and Paul McGrillen