Is the Bute House agreement finished? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is the Bute House agreement finished?

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I certainly hope so. Everything bad in Scotland originates with them.  Lorna slater is an utter clown.

do we think their time is up after the leadership election?

Why would it be finished? 

There's nothing wrong with making the country more climate friendly as long as its within reason.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There's nothing wrong with making the country more climate friendly as long as its within reason.

because Regan has already said she would govern without it and the greens won’t work with Forbes.  Only humzah will keep them.

here’s the thing with the greens.  On the face of it, everyone thinks greenpeace, save the whale, no to nukes, etc.  warm and cuddly goodness.

the reality is that they are pushing an agenda of far left ideology, including encouraging children to rethink their gender, anti business,  and “eat the rich” as they say in the party political broadcast.

I can’t think of a bigger bunch of clowns that should be nowhere near any decision making.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

because Regan has already said she would govern without it and the greens won’t work with Forbes.  Only humzah will keep them.

here’s the thing with the greens.  On the face of it, everyone thinks greenpeace, save the whale, no to nukes, etc.  warm and cuddly goodness.

the reality is that they are pushing an agenda of far left ideology, including encouraging children to rethink their gender, anti business,  and “eat the rich” as they say in the party political broadcast.

I can’t think of a bigger bunch of clowns that should be nowhere near any decision making.

Encouraging children to rethink their gender. That part right there is why I can't take anything you say seriously. It's hyperbolic pish

Anyone who gets elected FM should look to work with the greens in some way but make it clear it won't be about extreme leftist policies or extreme right wing policies because independent is the ultimate goal.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Encouraging children to rethink their gender. That part right there is why I can't take anything you say seriously. It's hyperbolic pish

Anyone who gets elected FM should look to work with the greens in some way but make it clear it won't be about extreme leftist policies or extreme right wing policies because independent is the ultimate goal.

nothing hyperbolic about it. It’s fact.  Questionnaires sent to primary school children.  Maggie chapman - need I say more.

I’d love to be able to consider voting snp again, but it’s impossible while this agreement remains.

30 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

nothing hyperbolic about it. It’s fact.  Questionnaires sent to primary school children.  Maggie chapman - need I say more.

I’d love to be able to consider voting snp again, but it’s impossible while this agreement remains.

No you wouldn't, you'd find some other tiny reason not to vote SNP or independence. You made that very clear over the last two years

With new leaderships the situation changes so up to either part (or both) to change things if they want.

Calling an election after the leadership contest is finished is an option too, so the landscape might change even more.

Edited by phart

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

the agreement only seems to go one way, what actually have the snp gained from it apart from being held to ransom if theey do not vote the way the greens want them

Most folk won't have noticed that the Scottish Government Budget was approved just last week. Budget presented, budget passed - simple as that. In years gone by this always used to be one of the stickiest parts of the SGs year. Trying to wheel and deal for weeks on end to get enough support to get the budget approved. They even had to get the Tories to help out sometimes. That's one example of what the SNP get out of the deal.

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with that and it should be what we're aiming for. I should be the sort of person who should be a natural Green voter (I was recycling before Ross Greer was born!). However I have problems with the Greens particularly since they hounded Wightman out the party as I thought he was their best MSP. I've heard a few of their leading lights at various rallies and none of them particularly impress me, and rightly or wrongly a lot of the legislation they're associated with seems to be a shambles. Added to the feeling that they're out of their depth and incompetent is an arrogance in the way they don't seem to listen and seem to dismiss others opinions in a high handed manner.