Indyref 2 (2) - Page 183 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

What you could say about this is that it was the Scottish people that did that in 2014 

No what I am saying is that sturgeon and those who surrounded her that did it, we could have went again at some point in the future following 2014 but it is now being set up that the arguments we had for Indy are extinguished 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Has there been a response by the first minister to the Grangemouth closing?

Not that I'm aware of, no.

He'll probably make some pronouncement about Gaza again soon though, while looking all statesmanlike, which will garner him lots of applause, but getting his finger out and doing something about an issue he actually has some control over...well, let's wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

don’t worry, I am sure Patrick harvie will have these 500 poor souls building windmills in no time.

🤣

Joking aside, even if they didn't want to pursue oil long-term, is it feasible the facility could be repurposed into doing something more "green"?

Either way, it's unacceptable just to allow it to close and have hundreds of people put out of work.

I didn’t always agree with snp policy when I voted for them, in fact I rarely did, but at least they used to be semi competent.  Now in addition to abandoning their main policy (which was pretty much why I voted for them) they have lurched to the left and are thoroughly incompetent.  Can’t see that being a vote winner with the Scottish populace.

I'm not sure we know enough about the details of the plans yet to draw any sensible conclusions from this. From what little I've read about it so far, it seems to be a reasonably sensible business decision. Ratcliffe may be a lot of things but "daft" isn't one of them.  

I joined the Believe in Scotland zoom meeting last night. Assuming that since no one responded when i asked if anyone else was joining that they never, or were too shy to say …

It was a broad church of independence support and its fair to say the SNP were not popular. I am not sure what, if anything, I can say on here regarding the content of the meeting but I would recommend that if people do want to try and motivate support for independence they try and join these things. Anyone who is affiliated with a YES group can potentially join if the groups organiser sends them log in details. 
I would expect anyone who is serious about independence to be affiliated to a YES group , or at least be willing to join. 

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm not sure we know enough about the details of the plans yet to draw any sensible conclusions from this. From what little I've read about it so far, it seems to be a reasonably sensible business decision. Ratcliffe may be a lot of things but "daft" isn't one of them.  

How was he re independence? From what I have read he wasn’t particularly anti independence with regards to the future of Grangemouth, though I cannot actually remember this myself from years ago . 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

How was he re independence? From what I have read he wasn’t particularly anti independence with regards to the future of Grangemouth, though I cannot actually remember this myself from years ago . 

Oh, I'm pretty sure he is a unionist, but I don't think it's very high on his agenda of things to think about. This decision will have nothing to do with decisions taken by the SG, as the SG has no power over Oil and Gas. That was well and truly built into the devolution settlement, which was one of the reasons some staunch Independence supporters voted "NO" in the 97 referendum.

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure he is a unionist, but I don't think it's very high on his agenda of things to think about. This decision will have nothing to do with decisions taken by the SG, as the SG has no power over Oil and Gas. That was well and truly built into the devolution settlement, which was one of the reasons some staunch Independence supporters voted "NO" in the 97 referendum.

👍

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

you do like putting people in boxes 😂 no doubt you think I read the daily Mail too. The greens have been pushing the snp around since the Bute house agreement and now with such a weak leader as Humza who is also broadly aligned with their loony left policies you will see more influence.

I don't like putting anyone in a box, you are just so easy to read.

There you go again off on one about the greens who have zip to do with our conversation

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

He wasn’t anti independence, that’s why I have a bit of time for him.

She stood to be an SNP councillor in Ravenscraig last week

Would have more respect from her if she fought on the issues that caused her not to be elected

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

She stood to be an SNP councillor in Ravenscraig last week

Would have more respect from her if she fought on the issues that caused her not to be elected

I don't quite understand why she went and left the party altogether. If she feels she's doing too much she could just have stayed on as a card-carrying member.

Mind you, wasn't she elected as a councillor a few years ago but stepped down because she claimed she was being bullied? Trying to work out what's going on in Rosa's heid is futile! I wouldn't be surprised to see her pop up in the Labour party in the near future.

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Trying to work out what's going on in Rosa's heid is futile! I wouldn't be surprised to see her pop up in the Labour party in the near future.

When i was about 13/14 there was a couple that lived in the same tenement building that we did.

They were in their 30s and the guy Peter's mode of transport was a big fancy motorbike and his wife rode on the pillion.

She was a wee smasher with blonde hair and my older cousin said that she was the talk of the boozer when she went in for a drink with her husband.

I asked him if they had seen her without make up as i had when she was putting her washing out on the line and it was eye opening verging on scary

Rosa reminds me of her

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

When i was about 13/14 there was a couple that lived in the same tenement building that we did.

They were in their 30s and the guy Peter's mode of transport was a big fancy motorbike and his wife rode on the pillion.

She was a wee smasher with blonde hair and my older cousin said that she was the talk of the boozer when she went in for a drink with her husband.

I asked him if they had seen her without make up as i had when she was putting her washing out on the line and it was eye opening verging on scary

Rosa reminds me of her

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Rosa reminds me of her

Interesting anecdote  😂

Were you the obligatory peeping tom… ?