Kieran Tierney - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kieran Tierney


broraboy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Arsenal injury news: Kieran Tierney has surgery on knee injury in bid to return for World Cup qualifier
D3F6A0A1-D653-45C3-83C3-B280A3DE76AE.thumb.jpeg.946454362cbca3f549c02f5feb5e8418.jpeg

Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney has successfully undergone surgery on the knee injury that is expected to keep him out for the rest of the season.

Tierney had surgery on his left knee yesterday after complaining of discomfort in it during a training session last Thursday.

The Scotland international missed Monday’s defeat to Crystal Palace and he is expected to be out for the rest of the season.

Tierney’s surgery, however, has been a success and that will boost his hopes of being fit for Scotland’s World Cup play-off semi-final against Ukraine in June.

“Op went well. Thank you so much for all the messages of support. Really appreciate it” Tierney wrote on Instagram late last night.

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta faces a dilemma as to how he replaces Tierney in his defence, starting at home to Brighton tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Supposedly 8-10 weeks for Patterson, so outside chance he could make it too 🤞

Aye, here’s hoping both of them are fit for June 🤞🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, stitch said:

Any news on how both are doing and if they will make the game?

I’ve been checking now and again for Tierney and Patterson and recovery process! 
Haven’t seen anything, no news is good news I hope 🤞 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2022 at 5:26 AM, broraboy said:

I’ve been checking now and again for Tierney and Patterson and recovery process! 
Haven’t seen anything, no news is good news I hope 🤞 

Being honest and we must accept and plan for both being out. I read an update a few days ago saying Tierney's surgery had gone well but it remained probable his season was over. I'd say it was the same for Patterson.

Remember that the squad for the play-offs will be named in about three weeks time and Tierney and Patterson are both in the recovery stage from operations and have not even begun training yet as far as I know. Both have been without action for about 2 to 4 weeks now so match fitness will not be there either. A few weeks of full blown training and first team action would be needed and that is not going to happen inside three weeks.

The best way we can prepare for our biggest matches in years is to have the right replacements lined up for the squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Being honest and we must accept and plan for both being out. I read an update a few days ago saying Tierney's surgery had gone well but it remained probable his season was over. I'd say it was the same for Patterson.

Remember that the squad for the play-offs will be named in about three weeks time and Tierney and Patterson are both in the recovery stage from operations and have not even begun training yet as far as I know. Both have been without action for about 2 to 4 weeks now so match fitness will not be there either. A few weeks of full blown training and first team action would be needed and that is not going to happen inside three weeks.

The best way we can prepare for our biggest matches in years is to have the right replacements lined up for the squad.

👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a chance, something I read earlier about Tierney 
 

 

Kieran Tierney’s injury has been a huge blow for Arsenal and the first choice left-back looks as though his season is all but over following the news that he will require knee surgery after feeling some discomfort following a training session.

The Scotland international has been ruled out of Arsenal’s last six fixtures and it was clear that they missed him after the first three of those ended in defeat. Tierney will now focus on regaining fitness ahead of Scotland’s World Cup play-offs in June.

Speaking on April 5, Arteta said: “Kieran felt discomfort after a training session on Thurs. A specialist consultation took place, and as a result of further discussions, it has been decided that he requires [knee] surgery.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, broraboy said:

Is there a chance, something I read earlier about Tierney 
 

 

Kieran Tierney’s injury has been a huge blow for Arsenal and the first choice left-back looks as though his season is all but over following the news that he will require knee surgery after feeling some discomfort following a training session.

The Scotland international has been ruled out of Arsenal’s last six fixtures and it was clear that they missed him after the first three of those ended in defeat. Tierney will now focus on regaining fitness ahead of Scotland’s World Cup play-offs in June.

Speaking on April 5, Arteta said: “Kieran felt discomfort after a training session on Thurs. A specialist consultation took place, and as a result of further discussions, it has been decided that he requires [knee] surgery.”

Well spotted! Fingers crossed he makes it. (But don't want to get my hopes up.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He is out. We must accept that and move on - same with Patterson. 

Both have now been out for over a month. Both, as of yesterday, are not even back in training (or there would have been readable update on that as it would be newsworthy). The squad gets named two weeks yesterday with the match being three weeks today. That is three weeks from now for them to return to training, regain fitness then shake off (by then two months rust) when there will be no chance of full match practice. No I cannot see it.

I would think Clarke has his replacements in mind. I suppose there is the outside chance they are named in the squad but that would solely be for the chance they may be back for one of the last Nations League matches play around mid-June.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

He is out. We must accept that and move on - same with Patterson. 

Both have now been out for over a month. Both, as of yesterday, are not even back in training (or there would have been readable update on that as it would be newsworthy). The squad gets named two weeks yesterday with the match being three weeks today. That is three weeks from now for them to return to training, regain fitness then shake off (by then two months rust) when there will be no chance of full match practice. No I cannot see it.

I would think Clarke has his replacements in mind. I suppose there is the outside chance they are named in the squad but that would solely be for the chance they may be back for one of the last Nations League matches play around mid-June.

yes, I think you are probably right 🙁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...