Scotland v Saudi Arabia 1989 U16 World Cup Final - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Saudi Arabia 1989 U16 World Cup Final

Craigos

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 11:14 PM, Craigos said:

I don't suppose anyone has any close-up pictures of the Saudi team? Also,  does anyone know who is who in the saudi tea,? 

Bl2dVDfCUAAam2v.jpeg

The keeper went on to become the most capped goalie in history...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Al-Deayea

A few of that squad qualified for 4 World Cups so they can't have been anyone's mugs.

Should still have beaten them though, blew it 😖

• 2 weeks later...

I remember going to the opening game at dens , can’t remember the teams just looked up it was a double header . Pele showed up as well

29000 at tynecastle for the semis , the famous final managed to keep a VHS of the game for years , not sure what happened to it.

The late David Hagen was part of the squad as well

Edited by DAVIDB46

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

is that Love Street ?

i only went to see E.German game at Pittodrie  - ive read since a lot of disappointment at only 10,000 there compared to what was achieved at Tynecastle etc.... i dont recall much hype about it either though

Looks like Tynecastle

On 9/2/2021 at 12:04 AM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Doh ; yeah aside from the Maroon , the bit next to away end as Malcolm described above - and i have actually been there in 80s ..... but not to Love Street - i just mind seeing a bit of terracing like that on tv ......

Cairters Corner at Love Street is what you’re referring to but it looked a bit different.  Anyway, glad others have confirmed it is Tynie. :) 

On 9/1/2021 at 7:26 PM, DAVIDB46 said:

I remember going to the opening game at dens , can’t remember the teams just looked up it was a double header . Pele showed up as well

29000 at tynecastle for the semis , the famous final managed to keep a VHS of the game for years , not sure what happened to it.

The late David Hagen was part of the squad as well

I was there too. Think it was 2 matches back to back and one of the games involved Nigeria and possibly China ?