denmark/austria tickets - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

denmark/austria tickets

tartan davie

SSC confirmed last night that full refunds will now be given if people are unable to make the trip due to Danish Government restrictions stopping those from traveling.

Imagine there will be a bigger uptake now (I got mine last night) that gamble has been taken out the way that could see people £47 out of pocket.

Just a case of wait and see what the Danish Government announce now (I have set the 20th of August as D-Day for final confirmation of going to this game or not, as I am due to fly to Berlin on the 30th and the 27th would just be to tight I feel).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

SSC confirmed last night that full refunds will now be given if people are unable to make the trip due to Danish Government restrictions stopping those from traveling.

Imagine there will be a bigger uptake now (I got mine last night) that gamble has been taken out the way that could see people £47 out of pocket.

Just a case of wait and see what the Danish Government announce now (I have set the 20th of August as D-Day for final confirmation of going to this game or not, as I am due to fly to Berlin on the 30th and the 27th would just be to tight I feel).

Bought our two on the back of that. 2 x 9 pointers.

Fingers crossed.

Now assuming we are allowed in I’ve had double jags. What tests are needed, when do I take them and where provides them here in the U.K. and Denmark?

Could do with finding that out and get some planning in gear. Cheers

J

18 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Bought our two on the back of that. 2 x 9 pointers.

Fingers crossed.

Now assuming we are allowed in I’ve had double jags. What tests are needed, when do I take them and where provides them here in the U.K. and Denmark?

Could do with finding that out and get some planning in gear. Cheers

J

From what I can gather, as long as we go to Amber (otherwise its 5 days cooked up in a Danish hotel room.....) you need a PCR test dated 48 hours before you travel (this is about £80-120 in the UK).... you will need one before you travel back to the UK in Denmark (I have read a LFT test will suffice, but the PCR tests seem to be a fraction of the price in Germany and Denmark from what limited research I have done).... then once back in the UK you will need to do another PCR test (you can "buy" kits from airlines which are slightly cheaper) and do it yourself on the 2nd day back, but no need to isolate. 

22 minutes ago, wanderer said:

From what I can gather, as long as we go to Amber (otherwise its 5 days cooked up in a Danish hotel room.....) you need a PCR test dated 48 hours before you travel (this is about £80-120 in the UK).... you will need one before you travel back to the UK in Denmark (I have read a LFT test will suffice, but the PCR tests seem to be a fraction of the price in Germany and Denmark from what limited research I have done).... then once back in the UK you will need to do another PCR test (you can "buy" kits from airlines which are slightly cheaper) and do it yourself on the 2nd day back, but no need to isolate. 

So, if I read correctly, hop on the flight in Heathrow on Tuesday. Then once in Copenhagen, get a PCR test straight away, get result, no problem. 

Go to game, (Scotland win, who saw that coming?)

Next day in the Thursday, with my Danish PCR test, go to airport and go home.

Two days later take a £40 LFT and craic on.

J

5 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

So, if I read correctly, hop on the flight in Heathrow on Tuesday. Then once in Copenhagen, get a PCR test straight away, get result, no problem. 

Go to game, (Scotland win, who saw that coming?)

Next day in the Thursday, with my Danish PCR test, go to airport and go home.

Two days later take a £40 LFT and craic on.

J

Where you paying £40 for a LFT?

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Where you paying £40 for a LFT?

Googled it. (It’s the home one). I’ve left the page.

I was also reading about the PCR exemptions for Denmark (going out). I have my English NHS letter that I am presuming will be good enough to leave England (once we hopefully move to Yellow).

How do I prove I’m fully vaccinated as a foreign visitor to Denmark?

Danish residents returning to the country after travel abroad can use the country’s coronapas app to document their vaccination. Unfortunately for visitors, though, the coronapas system is currently only available to residents of Denmark with a CPR number.

While residents of other EU countries can use their European digital Covid certificates, tourists from the UK are not covered by this. 

The Danish government’s Covid guidance website, coronasmitte.dk, states that proof of vaccination can be used like the country’s coronapas. A few conditions must be satisfied: the vaccine must be approved by the European Medicines Agency (the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines all are).

Your documentation should state your name, date of birth, vaccine name and date of vaccination, including first and second doses for two dose vaccines.

You must be a resident of an OECD country to enter Denmark under rules for fully vaccinated people, and to be able to use the documentation from your country of residence. The UK is an OECD member state.

Did a little bit of reading into this.

As I am flying via Berlin, I do not need a pre-departure test.... when I land at Berlin Airport, there is a walk up test center in the airport that does on the spot PCR, or the cheaper Antigen test (29 Euros and result in 25 minutes) which (should....) be enough to satisfy the Danes when I travel on wards to Copenhagen the next day.

48 Hours before my flight home from Copenhagen, I have to fill in the UK locator form online, and book a 2 day PCR test (will need test code for the form).

This is my basic understanding of it, but may be wrong in places.....

Edited by wanderer

45 minutes ago, wanderer said:

in essence you will need three tests

That's my understanding too.

1 before you fly to Denmark.

1 before you fly to Scotland/UK.

1 after you have returned to Scotland/UK.

*Don't hold me to this; I haven't investigated it myself yet*

This suggests PCR tests can be had for free in Denmark...

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/test-for-covid-19

10 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

That's my understanding too.

1 before you fly to Denmark.

1 before you fly to Scotland/UK.

1 after you have returned to Scotland/UK.

I think so.

Your return one after 2 days in the UK has to be pre-booked for your locator form that you must fill in 48 hours before returning to the UK, so that is a given right from the off.

Going out depends on your route, as I am traveling via Berlin, I can enter Berlin with my letter from the NHS that shows i have had my double vaccine.... Denmark a case of wait and see what they say when they hopefully take us from Red to Amber.

As said above, I can get a cheaper Antigen test at the walk up test center in Berlin Airport which may or may not be required for entry into Copenhagen (but I may get it just to be safe).

Suppose will be a little clearer once we go from Red to Amber.... just need to hope that is this Friday or next Friday at the most (anything after the 20th I am binning the trip, as the next announcement will be 27th, which is just to late to put plans in to action on the hope we go to amber days before the game).

I'm pretty close to binning Denmark. Living in Southampton makes this situation trickier.

i.e. how do I get to the home match; from Copenhagen or from Southampton.

My gut feeling is Denmark isn't going to happen and if it does, it will be on the back of a very late announcement and I don't think I can wait much longer... I think I'll crack before the announcement.

... and even if Denmark was on the green list, we'd still get stung here with the expense of at least two PCR tests.

It’s all so confusing!!!

Feel invested since I bought the tickets.

Not having to test to get into Denmark (using English NHS double vaccine letter) would be a boon and really help.

Then a case of getting a cheap PCR when we land in Copenhagen and one of the two dayer ones when we get back to England.

J

Gut feeling is its 90% not happening also, as I think either UEFA will take a stand on away fans not traveling or the Danes will not take us off the Red List in time.... as said, I have set a deadline of the 20th, anything after that a no go for me, and the thought of 5 days cooked up inside a Danish hotel room just gives me the fear!

One less thing to worry about now that SSC have said refunds if it is the case fans can not travel for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, tartan davie said:

still not heard anything about austria or is this a no go 6 days later ^?^

Scotland is on Austria’s Red List until at least the 31st of August. I think they have just not bothered with that one, or it will be at extremely last minute.

35 minutes ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

In regards to faroes and Moldova. Lille have communicated to their fan groups no away fans at European Cup games till 31st Dec. 

I'm not holding my breath anymore with these trips. 

That’s what I’m now thinking. 

I have no idea about Moldova’s vaccine roll out, will things be better there in November (coming into winter) than it currently is now (Summer)?

Will they be in a 4th wave?

4 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

That’s what I’m now thinking. 

I have no idea about Moldova’s vaccine roll out, will things be better there in November (coming into winter) than it currently is now (Summer)?

Will they be in a 4th wave?

My understanding is very slowly..... Moldova has a very aged population (as youngsters go abroad to work) and a lot are refusing to get vaccinated (regardless of the incentives offered by the Government) but they are on EU's green list and life seems to be pretty normal out there.

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Are the SSC going to send any comms out? This is running around the Twitter sphere / rumour mill for hours. Could still be people buying tickets / flights.

Would be good to get my flight refund also.

J

Confirmed by the SSC in the latest email.

I've just cancelled my BA flights and got a full refund. 

FIFA AND UEFA CONFIRM NO VISITING FANS ALLOWED FOR SEPTEMBER INTERNATIONAL GAMES

A joint message has been sent to National Football Associations across Europe by both FIFA and UEFA. They have told us that no tickets will be available for supporters of visiting teams during the upcoming September international games, this will be applicable to FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifiers and friendlies.

This decision has came about after a recent COVID-19 spike in Europe in addition to the large number of games to be played during this period.

This ruling will impact Scotland supporters who had the intention of travelling to Copenhagen where Scotland will play Denmark in our upcoming FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualifier on Wednesday, 1 Septemberand also fans who were planning on travelling to Vienna to watch Austria v Scotland on Tuesday, 7 September.