Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 54 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't think all of us Irish are like Helen Donegan with her political shite in every post.We couldn't give a shite about that.

The real Boys in Green (7,000 of us strong) can't wait to share a good few beers with you all win lose or draw

:ok:

Regular away supporter of many years lads and like many got shafted by FAI, Have Tickets in LL Upper, any one objecting to colours?

Think LL lower will be mainly Irish anyway. Won't be a problem

You reckon? What section were the chunk of TA supporters clubs tickets sold does anyone know?

There is no designated section you have to stick to unless you buy a ST and you can choose any of the 4 sides you want with them too. I'm in LL this game and Jock Stein the England one. Think he's just assuming that because it's near the designated away end.

Edited by 1320lichtie

You reckon? What section were the chunk of TA supporters clubs tickets sold does anyone know?

At Hampden it is traditionally the North stand with a spill over to the West stand, East is the family stand and south the suits.

More scattered at Celtic Park though, in part due to the ridiculous pricing - a lot of people taking the cheapest tickets available behind the goals. Some traditional north standers may have opted for a similar view along the side of the pitch. Also season ticket holders will likely have been given tickets with a similar view to the north stand (along the pitch).

So in conclusion, we will be everywhere and not as concentrated as we usually are at Hampden. I hope that makes sense - it does to me anyway. Most will make the Irish feel welcome in the home end, of which I will be one - as long as we win....lol - joking!

We never have any of this nonsense at the rugby !

Rugby was invented purely for those that were shit at football.

Shite sport, nothing more cringeworthy than hearing all the Rugby knobs acting like patronising basterds about the crowds being mixed.

If Irish fans in the home sections next weekend think there's going to be some kind of big c(hard c)eltic love-in because we're all 'brothers across the water', I think a few might be in for a shock.

This, if there's some RoI fan giving it the big 'un during the game he'll be gettting told to sit on his arse and shut up or leave, if you're going to watch it from the home end have the courtesy to-appreciate your in with the home fans. If I wanted to sit beside an Ireland fan I'd go in the away end.

If true it again highlights the utter incompetence of the SFA. They are clearly not fit for purpose anymore. It would not surprise me in the slightest if we lost hampden as one of the venues for the Euros in 2020!

I'll take the bait here.

Why? I've yet to see anyone give a good reason why we should have given Ireland more tickets, you look after the home fans first, I reckon we'll sell out and we'll have a better atmosphere for it. I'd far rather they had three thousand in the corner of the ground than ten thousand, no point surrendering your home advantage.

Rugby was invented purely for those that were shit at football.

Shite sport, nothing more cringeworthy than hearing all the Rugby knobs acting like patronising basterds about the crowds being mixed.

This, if there's some RoI fan giving it the big 'un during the game he'll be gettting told to sit on his arse and shut up or leave, if you're going to watch it from the home end have the courtesy to-appreciate your in with the home fans. If I wanted to sit beside an Ireland fan I'd go in the away end.

I'll take the bait here.

Why? I've yet to see anyone give a good reason why we should have given Ireland more tickets, you look after the home fans first, I reckon we'll sell out and we'll have a better atmosphere for it. I'd far rather they had three thousand in the corner of the ground than ten thousand, no point surrendering your home advantage.

If we gave them even 8,000 tickets there would be little to no Ireland fans in the home end. Better segregation therefore better security. I do not think that there will be much trouble in the ground, but there is always potential with 2 sets of boozed up fans. This is THE crucial match of the campaign for both sides so far and could be pivotal. Emotions on both sides will be highly charged, particularly if and when a goal goes in for either side.

I think we will have 5,000 empty seats that could have been given to the Irish fans......I hope that I am wrong....

Edited to add that the FAI seem to be taking a reasonable approach in the return game, and advised that we will likely not just be given the minimum and they will probably give us well over the minimum allocation.

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

Please don't think all of us Irish are like Helen Donegan with her political shite in every post.We couldn't give a shite about that.

The real Boys in Green (7,000 of us strong) can't wait to share a good few beers with you all win lose or draw

Helen prefers the Continuity Boys In Green anyway.

If we gave them even 8,000 tickets there would be little to no Ireland fans in the home end. Better segregation therefore better security. I do not think that there will be much trouble in the ground, but there is always potential with 2 sets of boozed up fans. This is THE crucial match of the campaign for both sides so far and could be pivotal. Emotions on both sides will be highly charged, particularly if and when a goal goes in for either side.

I think we will have 5,000 empty seats that could have been given to the Irish fans......I hope that I am wrong....

Edited to add that the FAI seem to be taking a reasonable approach in the return game, and advised that we will likely not just be given the minimum and they will probably give us well over the minimum allocation.

Simple, do not admit any from Ireland into the home end.

Problem solved.

Simple, do not admit any from Ireland into the home end.

Problem solved.

Could have and should have been nipped in the bud at the start. The SFA should have given enough tickets to cater for the majority of Irish fans - simple really. We have 8,000 over our normal Hampden capacity here.

I am sorry, but the SFA are culpable in so many ways with regards to their crazy approach to revenue generation in this campaign. And they have (in the main) remained silent! They are at fault and arrogant and obnoxious at the same time. This is almost making Jim Farry's leadership look perfect!

The SFA are totally indefensible. In my opinion, this was yet another simple thing that they have got wrong. This SHOULD have been the campaign where we sell out EVERY game, and I hope that I am wrong, but THE crucial game may not even sell out.....

So what they should have done, was completely rodded of the home fans(because feasibly this is a game where the home end should sell out easily) just to make the Irish happy?

You should always look after the home fans first, always.

Recently Hearts announced they were cutting Rangers allocation at Tynecastle because they wanted more home fans in the stadium. Instead going by your logic they should have bent over, let Rangers shag them and give them half the stadium.