The news thread - Page 246 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Why was suella braverman visiting Israel. I thought she was nothing more than a MP for an area she barely knows now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68734039

Tories investigate ex-minister Alan Duncan over Israel comments

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I missed any but the story about William Wragg didn't appear to be in the headlines if any single paper this morning. Just shows the bias if the media, if it had been an SNP MP they'd be howling for a resignation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9x6x82y2r3o

Look at the number of Police vehicles - look at them

There must have been zero crime anywhere else in Glasgow

Large-scale police response to disorder in Glasgow

On 4/6/2024 at 1:26 PM, Hertsscot said:

I don't think I missed any but the story about William Wragg didn't appear to be in the headlines if any single paper this morning. Just shows the bias if the media, if it had been an SNP MP they'd be howling for a resignation.

Patrick Grady had his career ruined for a lot less. Unlike Wragg he didn't divulge other MP's phone numbers to anyone (as you said in earlier post, a breach of GDPR) and he didn't, as far as we know, send pictures of his tadger to anyone.

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

Patrick Grady had his career ruined for a lot less. Unlike Wragg he didn't divulge other MP's phone numbers to anyone (as you said in earlier post, a breach of GDPR) and he didn't, as far as we know, send pictures of his tadger to anyone.

I think there are some differences between the two. Wragg's actions were consensual (not sure that's the word I'm looking for!) whereas the argument was that Grady's advances (stroking someone on the back of the neck) were unwelcome and an abuse of his position.

However everything else you say is spot on. SNP were accused of protecting a 'sex pest' for weeks on end by the media and Unionist politicians, Wragg has probably broken GDPR (any other job you'd get away with disclosing personal phone numbers to strangers?) and threatening national security in the process. Yet there's barely a peep from the media, let alone calls for his resignation. Complete double standards.

It’s now a week since Scotland’s new Hate Crime Act became law and 8,000 hate complaints have been logged with the police —about one a minute. Police union bosses described the law as ‘a disaster’ and claimed officers are already ‘swamped under a deluge of complaints’. Senior officers also warned that police will be forced to make cuts to frontline crimefighting to deal with the deluge and face a big overtime bill which the Scottish taxpayer will need to pick up — or the police will cut back elsewhere.

Peter Higgs, a giant of British science who came up with the idea of the Higgs boson particle, has died aged 94.

He was awarded the Nobel prize for Physics in 2013 for his revolutionary work showing how the boson helps bind the universe together.

A statement from Edinburgh university said he died in Edinburgh on Monday.

6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

It’s now a week since Scotland’s new Hate Crime Act became law and 8,000 hate complaints have been logged with the police —about one a minute. Police union bosses described the law as ‘a disaster’ and claimed officers are already ‘swamped under a deluge of complaints’. Senior officers also warned that police will be forced to make cuts to frontline crimefighting to deal with the deluge and face a big overtime bill which the Scottish taxpayer will need to pick up — or the police will cut back elsewhere.

Am I normal? I haven't needed to complain about any hate crime but it seems it's all some people do. And then they complain that the police haven't got enough time to deal with crime. I also haven't felt the need to ask the police if they have a record of any accusations against me. Maybe I'm just odd.

The UK has a "free and Independent Press"

image.jpeg.d37df969b98c05d3bd6d8c4cac2f3c9c.jpeg

image.jpeg.d33604dabcc8aa579bc9b26e55272327.jpeg

They thought twice about that headline and changed it

image.jpeg.b6736b7aad4b4804e64ed3615559618c.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

O.J. Simpson dead. Didn't realise the court case was the best part of 30 years ago. Time flies!

He'll be free of his demons now

As celebrity meltdowns go that must be in the top three

From The Naked Gun to Armed Robbery & murder

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

He'll be free of his demons now

As celebrity meltdowns go that must be in the top three

From The Naked Gun to Armed Robbery & murder

Great in The Cassandra Crossing 😏

12 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Great in The Cassandra Crossing 😏

My Granny took me to the pictures in Glasgow to see that after we had been to the amusements on Jamaica Street

She passed away later that year

On 4/10/2024 at 10:44 AM, Ally Bongo said:

The UK has a "free and Independent Press"

image.jpeg.d37df969b98c05d3bd6d8c4cac2f3c9c.jpeg

image.jpeg.d33604dabcc8aa579bc9b26e55272327.jpeg

They thought twice about that headline and changed it

image.jpeg.b6736b7aad4b4804e64ed3615559618c.jpeg

She's not very well informed about science in general

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

My Granny took me to the pictures in Glasgow to see that after we had been to the amusements on Jamaica Street

She passed away later that year

How old were you then?

54 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

How old were you then?

Would have been 9/10

This is from one of our previous trips to Glasgow when a Daily Record photographer asked me to pose

My Granny is the wee woman at the back

scalextric.jpg

34 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would have been 9/10

This is from one of our previous trips to Glasgow when a Daily Record photographer asked me to pose

My Granny is the wee woman at the back

scalextric.jpg

I can sense a  caption competition coming on.

I'll start with the obvious one. "WTF are you looking at?"

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I can sense a  caption competition coming on.

I'll start with the obvious one. "WTF are you looking at?"

The camera obv

Don't remember anything about it however it's clearly advertising scalextric and the weans can't get playing it because of the grown ups

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The camera obv

Don't remember anything about it however it's clearly advertising scalextric and the weans can't get playing it because of the grown ups

Nothing changes then 😊 Those guys look like old Labour councillor types - one even has a brown envelope sticking out his pocket...

I think my mum cut your hair too! 

4 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Nothing changes then 😊 Those guys look like old Labour councillor types - one even has a brown envelope sticking out his pocket...

I think my mum cut your hair too! 

🤣

Was the style back then ...