Anyone Else Lost Interest In Club Pash? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Else Lost Interest In Club Pash?

Totally lost interest in Motherwell 2 years ago, one the prices £22 watch Motherwell vs inverness is way to over priced, 2 the standard of football is rank, 3 no atmosphere mainly due to stewards and police being heavy handed treating every fan like a criminal. 4 sick of paying players wages who couldnt care less one minute kiss badge and next there off kissing another teams badge

I really doubt i will ever be back, would take a major change in all 3 things to tempt me back. Lost all interest in club fitba and rather keep am money for scotland games home and away games.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean by this that generally you care less as you get older, there's probably a bit of truth in that. However I've continued to care a helluva lot more about Scotland than St. Mirren and that is completely down to the pointlessness of the SPL.

Also the notion by Thplinth (I think) that this is not a football forum but a political one is ####in nonsense. This is a football forum first and foremost that was admittedly consumed by politics in the run up to the referendum. It is already noticeable how the political chat has dropped off comparatively speaking since the immediate aftermath of the referendum.

Look, 99% of us on here were gutted by the referendum result and we need to do everything in our power to keep the dream alive, but this is the Tartan Army Message Board. So if you don't want to support Scotland, my wish would be that you would air your views elsewhere and stop bringing down the rest of us who want to get on with supporting the team.

not sure this is the correct thread for your post as the thread is about losing interest in club football, not the national team

I wouldn't pay £22 to watch a SPL game but would pay double to watch Scotland play. It's all relative to what you enjoy.

But you don't support a team in the Premiership.

How much would you pay for a Barcelona game? ;)

But you don't support a team in the Premiership.

How much would you pay for a Barcelona game? ;)

Fail point. Prices did stop me following Morton though, can't mind how much it got to before I stopped going but prices increased quite a bit from one season to another.

Less than you would for Arsenal ha!

Re Scottish starting XI v Poland. All these players started at domestic clubs. Domestic clubs develop players and are a focus for local communities with the ability to make a positive impact at that level.

Marshall - Celtic

Hutton - Rangers

Whittaker - Hibs

Greer - Clyde

Brown - Hibs

Maloney - Celtic

Naismith - Kilmarnock

Fletcher - Hibs

5 of them played in 2007 league cup final.

Brown, Whittaker, Greer, Fletcher and Naisy.

:blink:

Pay £22 every week no chance, but dont mind paying for Scotland as games arent very often and always have a great day out, so dont grudge it as much as watching crappy spl!

:lol:

What a load of utter excrement.

Here's an idea, folk can talk about whatever the feck they want. If you're not interested in it, then you can put them on ignore and/or don't read the posts that bore you.

What? Everything in the 3 posts you quoted? :-))

Sorry, I didn't realise you were chairman of the board.

Here's an idea, folk can talk about whatever the feck they want. If you're not interested in it, then you can put them on ignore and/or don't read the posts that bore you.

If you think I'm leaving the board because some random bloke I wouldn't know from Adam asks us to then you're on to plums

Clearly stated on more than one occasion that I wasn't telling anyone to do anything. Was merely giving my opinion.

I could have chosen to say that anyone claiming to have lost interest in Scotland, whilst still posting on this board (particularly the TA Specific Forum), is an attention seeking fud...........but I didn't, did I? :wink2:

:lol:

What a load of utter excrement.

Also, perhaps you can help me understand the logic of someone claiming to have no interest in Scotland even reading, never mind contributing to a thread about Scotland (and I know this particular thread is not about Scotland).

I can say categorically if the were forums on here entitled Crochet & Needlepoint Tips, Formula One, Nuclear Physics or The Thoughts of Parklife, I would enter any of them. Why? Because I'm not interested.

Edited by Marky

Also, perhaps you can help me understand the logic of someone claiming to have no interest in Scotland even reading, never mind contributing to a thread about Scotland (and I know this particular thread is not about Scotland).

Who has said that?

I think everyone on the here has some interest in many aspects of Scotland

Clearly stated on more than one occasion that I wasn't telling anyone to do anything. Was merely giving my opinion.

I could have chosen to say that anyone claiming to have lost interest in Scotland, whilst still posting on this board (particularly the TA Specific Forum), is an attention seeking fud...........but I didn't, did I? :wink2:

To answer your original question, it's probably because the board has such an active and varied "Non Ta" and "AOB" section. In terms of traffic it's probably only really a TA board in the build up to and immediate aftermath of games. The majority of the time I'd imagine that the vast majority of the posts are in the 2 sections I mentioned and it'll be this that brings people back. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few posters with high post counts who rarely, if ever, post in TA Specific.

For the first time in my life i'm probably more interested in club football than international.

A combination of the SFA and the No vote has killed much of my appetite for following Scotland.

:ok:

Totally agree. Watched the club game "live" via Twitter as I was on holiday at the weekend. Only found out the Scotland score later on in the evening. Haven't even checked to see if the game is on tv tonight.

From the highs of Dortmund we've had the dispair of the referendum and I'm not sure when I'll regain my appetite for following "North Britain" as we've resigned ourselves to being. :(

+1.

I've pretty much lost my enthusiasm for football full stop. Still go to Thistle home games because of my season ticket but that feels like a chore most of the time. Not sure when I'll be back at a Scotland game but it's likely to be some time; possibly Germany at Hampden next year.

Similar, but Larkhall Thistle for me. Spent my Scotland money going to Arc and Italian Grand Prix this year though might to Gibraltar game next year if it's Portugal but that would be as much for the golf as the football.

Ditto

I won't be back to see Scotland for the foreseeable future but I will still follow club football. I'm looking forward to meeting up with Parkie on Friday for the 1st time since he came back from Mexico. Mind my sombrero!

Who has said that?

I think everyone on the here has some interest in many aspects of Scotland

That enough? And that's just in this thread.

So absolutely no one has said they "have no interest in Scotland"?

Lost interest? No interest? Same same. And what's more I'll keep repeating that ad nauseum until you either agree with me or give up. That tactic always seems to work for you.

Lost interest? No interest? Same same. And what's more I'll keep repeating that ad nauseum until you either agree with me or give up. That tactic always seems to work for you.

Posting on here is a good way to get that interest back. I definitely feel better about the national team since the vote last month and this board contributes to that

Sorry I read your post as Scotland the country, not just the national team.

The board is better for having them contribute, even Parklife ;)

Have to disagree there PIAK.

In our collective time on this board I think the only subject where Parklife and I have shared exactly the same view is on the definition of "Scottishness"/eligibility.

He might have the odd decent point or counter argument here and there, but generally I find him an irritating, self opinionated, contrary, overly aggressive wee keyboard hardman, who I have absolutely no doubt would pish his pants with fear if ever confronted by some of the people on here that he is so regularly rude to from the comfort of his wee wanking den.

But you're right to the extent he does seem have developed a fair crop of wee followers on here.

Posting on here is a good way to get that interest back. I definitely feel better about the national team since the vote last month and this board contributes to that

So do I mate. Before the vote I had promised myself that in the event of a No, that was my interest in Scotland (the team) dead. Such would be my disgust that I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to care any more.

But is the cold light of day after days of feeling utterly shite about everything, it became obvious to me that there was absolutely no reason to stop following Scotland. Quite the opposite in fact. A huge percentage of those who support Scotland shared my view on independence and voted for it. If we all stop supporting Scotland, who are we protesting to and who are we hurting?