Flags Nicked - Page 5 - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flags Nicked

Bristolhibby

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye they did the same at Somerset last year, nicking a large flag belonging to some of the young Ayr lads. Also beat up a young Ayr fan walking back to supporters bus after Ibrox game. Probably the Vanguard Bears aka the Sons of Struth Yoof! Ironically probably fully dressed from Sports Direct :wink2: .

Vermin

Berwick fans have been doing this for years.

Best of luck in your quest to get then back folks. Not a nice thing to happen.

??? What the feck are you talking about? I have travelled as a Dream Team fan for many years and have never come across our lot doing this. :blink:

??? What the feck are you talking about? I have travelled as a Dream Team fan for many years and have never come across our lot doing this. :blink:

I'm almost sure Berwick fans stole a Stranraer flag years ago. I think they did return it though. Think it happened early 2000s or late 90s. Was quite young at the time so could be way off the mark with whole incident.

I'm almost sure Berwick fans stole a Stranraer flag years ago. I think they did return it though. Think it happened early 2000s or late 90s. Was quite young at the time so could be way off the mark with whole incident.

I think you're nearer the mark now.

Once....possibly.Not the 'doing this for years' then. :wave: :ok:

Spoke to the Legia fan at my work and he thinks the flags will now be burned, but he knows many of these groups and its going to ask, explained about the charity donations etc too. Doesnt look good but he will try

There is no point in appealing to these people, your flags are gone and your not getting them back.These guys dont give a fek about charity donations,they are laughing at you soft types.It may lead people to take more care of their flags in future and stop getting so pissed up that you cannae look after your flag.

Our flag is too expensive to replace hence the reason we only put it up inside bars usualy on the stage or wait til the game to put it up.Not going to chance some knob pinching it. In saying that I did leave it in a taxi once but some nice Aberdonian returned it to the bar a few months later.

Can I just say that our flag was one of the ones stolen and we WERE looking after it. We were sat right beside it. It was tied on to a trellis fence. This was well organised and the culprits knew exactly what they were doing. They didn't care if anyone got hurt in the process.

We caught one of the idiots but he was straight on his phone for back up.

Our flag was expensive but we will replace it, and be more selective of were it goes, these idiots will meet their match one day,

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help get these flag back. Anything that I have tried has been unsuccessful. I hope that perhaps someone has had more luck than us.

Can I just say that our flag was one of the ones stolen and we WERE looking after it. We were sat right beside it. It was tied on to a trellis fence. This was well organised and the culprits knew exactly what they were doing. They didn't care if anyone got hurt in the process.

We caught one of the idiots but he was straight on his phone for back up.

Our flag was expensive but we will replace it, and be more selective of were it goes, these idiots will meet their match one day,

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help get these flag back. Anything that I have tried has been unsuccessful. I hope that perhaps someone has had more luck than us.

Should have leathered him

The Legia Warsaw hooligans who were stealing these flags were armed with knives. They were cutting the ropes securing the flags with these knives.

I also belive that they could have used these weapons against the owners of the flags. Its not worth getting a punctured lung over.

Still hoping they will do the RIGHT thing and give them back.

The Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal donated £3k to a childrens cancer charity, on the back of this there are negotiations going on in the background to get the flags back.

Fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear about this sad carry on. I havenae bothered tae air my flag since Alicante but when l do air it again it will be displayed defensively and defended tae the death. Any poles that l had anything tae dae wae were civil enough so any sort o returning the serve in Glasgow would just be playing intae the hands o the vermin that stole folks flags in Warsaw.

Sorry to hear about this sad carry on. I havenae bothered tae air my flag since Alicante but when l do air it again it will be displayed defensively and defended tae the death. Any poles that l had anything tae dae wae were civil enough so any sort o returning the serve in Glasgow would just be playing intae the hands o the vermin that stole folks flags in Warsaw.

:eek: