Flags Nicked - Page 7 - Poland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flags Nicked

Bristolhibby

Well the information I had from my Ultra contact that knew who had my flag and several others were that they would be paraded at the Legia game tonight.....after 3 weeks of talking with them, supplying them with a Scottish address when they agreed to release some flags taken in error and also having good communications with Legia Warsaw FC, I have not seen any flags at the ground as I am sitting watching the match on TV.

Maybe they were just goading is, maybe Legia stewards got a hold of them, maybe the ultras that I and others have spoke to prevented them going to the ground...what ever the reason it is looking slim that we will see them again.

I doubt I will replace my flag as I am not having one stolen for a 3rd time....sorry to all the others who have been hanging in there in the hope of a positive outcome, I guess the next email I get from Legia might not contain the news we were hoping for.

I think we all knew deep down that they wouldn't be seen again, but from someone who didn't have a flag at stake I think your efforts have been brilliant and brought some hope and spirit to everyone on this thread. You have done a great job mate. Don't blame you at all for not getting another flag. Just do a home made effort sixth spray paint. It won't be as big or noticed but if you lose it or its stolen you won't be bothered.

The fans have been done by s wanting to avenge a club rivalry and that's the worst part.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone thinking of starting of a fund to help replace the flags?

Also i would contact the SSC and ask for a contribution to help and if you speak to the lad at barmy and say there is going to be 10 flags ordered to replace stolen ones im sure he will knock money off for this he is a good lad.

thanks Davy P for your efforts in trying to get our flags returned. I would hope there's no tit for tat in the return game. I would hope that those who've lost their flags will replace them. I loved travelling under our flag, they brighten up any game, they highlight to everyone there where we've travelled from and should be proud of them. Yes the £190 from Barmy Flags is an unexpected hit for us but We'll not let a few misguided eejits spoil our future trips. They don't deserve that satisfaction.

Why do you think this? Just curious as i cant see any reason why they should have to?

its been mentioned on here about people putting money in to go towards new flags for the fans that had them nicked from the poles. These same fans pay memberships year after year and travel all over the world supporting the national team.. So a small donation towards this from the SSC would and should be welcomed imo.

Can I just Thank Davy P for all his hard work in trying to get our flags returned. Think now it is time to move on, as clearly we are dealing with Neds that really had no intention of returning any of them, but once again Davy thanks for all your efforts.

Can I also thank everyone for all of your kind suggestions but it is now time to move on and forget these idiots that get enjoyment out of stealing flags, hanging them upside down and posting on websites for all to see.

In reply to CRAIG1209 we WERE acting responsibly with our flag when it was stolen. We were sitting right beside it when we were jumped by a crowd of thugs who upturned tables, while stealing it, we had children with us and it was very lucky that they were not hurt in the commission that followed.

However, we do not need to justify ourselves, our flag was stolen by thugs, end of story.

I also hope there will not be any silly retaliation at the return game, there certainly won't be from our group, as we had a great time in Poland in October and in March and the genuine fans were brilliant. But we will replace our flag and I will be sure to send these idiots photos of our new flag, to all of the websites that they obviously had great pleasure in posting photos of their so called trophies.

Can I just Thank Davy P for all his hard work in trying to get our flags returned. Think now it is time to move on, as clearly we are dealing with Neds that really had no intention of returning any of them, but once again Davy thanks for all your efforts.

Can I also thank everyone for all of your kind suggestions but it is now time to move on and forget these idiots that get enjoyment out of stealing flags, hanging them upside down and posting on websites for all to see.

In reply to CRAIG1209 we WERE acting responsibly with our flag when it was stolen. We were sitting right beside it when we were jumped by a crowd of thugs who upturned tables, while stealing it, we had children with us and it was very lucky that they were not hurt in the commission that followed.

However, we do not need to justify ourselves, our flag was stolen by thugs, end of story.

So sorry to hear your bad experience in poland.

Also the fact that you had children in your group must have raised concernd at the time.

Flags can be replaced its only money.

Also hope this doesnt put you off going to future games.

I also hope there will not be any silly retaliation at the return game, there certainly won't be from our group, as we had a great time in Poland in October and in March and the genuine fans were brilliant. But we will replace our flag and I will be sure to send these idiots photos of our new flag, to all of the websites that they obviously had great pleasure in posting photos of their so called trophies.

I had an email today from the "British" Embassy in Warsaw today telling us that we need to report the thefts in person at a Warsaw Police Station.....1 it has only taken 21 days for you to reply....2 we are all feckin home ya numpties.....great advice.....Better Together my arse......oh on a footnote they did ask the Polish FA if they could help and they said only if it was in the grounds of the national stadium......what I actually wanted Polish FA to do was put some pressure on Legia to carry out searches.......Legia actually offered this themselves and have been excellent in their communication including a sorry that they did not find any flags but will keep their stewards briefed Incase one appears....

Ach well I wonder if Barmy Army flags will do a discount for a job lot....

• 2 weeks later...

We'll at least my flag has not been burnt......friends spotted it on TV in amongst the Polish fans in Tiblisi last night.....maybe they will bring it to Hampden for me

Steal it back if they come over with it! But in all seriousness i hope you get it back one way or another, i know theres not much you can do but dont give up

We'll at least my flag has not been burnt......friends spotted it on TV in amongst the Polish fans in Tiblisi last night.....maybe they will bring it to Hampden for me

If they do, and it was spotted in Hampden during the game, then surely a quick word with the nearest polis would be enough to get it back.

What a GIRFUY to the little barstewards that would be.

If they do, and it was spotted in Hampden during the game, then surely a quick word with the nearest polis would be enough to get it back.

What a GIRFUY to the little barstewards that would be.

No chance. Legia Warsaw stole the flags. Their hooligans do not follow Poland and even if they did I don't think they would be that stupid.