If we were the Czechs - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If we were the Czechs

Hertsscot

Not too serious but wondering what team we would put out if faced with their situation. Excluding retirees, those in USA, injured, u21 squad. Best I came up with 

Fulton

Hickey  Hanlon  Findlay Bryan

C Burke  Cairney McGeogh Shinnie  S. Dembele

J. Paterson

I'm sure you can do better!

Don't be fooled by the fact he was once called up for our U21s, Joe Bryan said upon moving to Fulham that he hoped it would lead to an England call up which was his "dream". He ain't Scottish

Hyam and Rose from Coventry City are another two to consider in defence. Clarke has said he is keeping an eye on those two.

Would we be allowed to bring Gauld over from Portugal or Allan from Greece ?

Didn't realise that Bryan had said that, probably realised he's nowhere good enough for us in that position. Put Barry Douglas in there instea d. Must admit I was (unsurprisingly) strugg!ing with centre backs, it will be interesting to see how the Coventry pair get on next season.

36 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I didn't know that 22 year old Lens midfielder Charles Boli was born in Scotland. Nephew of Basile Boli.

His dad had a couple of months at Dundee United back in the 90’s, so probably was born around that time