Not looking like scoring from open play - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Not looking like scoring from open play

kiltedlegs

11 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Feck me.... I’m at a loss with scotland.  Thought the team looked good on paper, but as my old boss said... “good on paper, shit on grass”.

I really don’t know what the answer is.  Glad I’m not having to make the magic happen.

Thumb could make all the difference 

35 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Feck me.... I’m at a loss with scotland.  Thought the team looked good on paper, but as my old boss said... “good on paper, shit on grass”.

I really don’t know what the answer is.  Glad I’m not having to make the magic happen.

It did look good on paper, with the glaring exception of Scott McTominay at centre-half.  He's a good player but he's never a centre-half in a month of Sundays.

I’m thinking 4-4-1-1 now....    we need to try and create a centre half pairing.  Dunno....

maybe

Goalie

Tierney          McKenna Cooper  robertson

armstrong     Mctominay  mcginn    Fraser (if he can be arsed)

Christie

Dykes

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I’m thinking 4-4-1-1 now....    we need to try and create a centre half pairing.  Dunno....

maybe

Goalie

Tierney          McKenna Cooper  robertson

armstrong     Mctominay  mcginn    Fraser (if he can be arsed)

Christie

Dykes

We can't play with a central midfield two.

Contrary to popular belief, we aren't strong in midfield. We need a middle central three.

Need to stop shoe horning players in and just pick the most effective in each position. If it means picking either Robertson or Tierney then so be it, I’d probably pick Tierney at this point in time.

As for Creativity, we have 3 Midfielders who are regulars in good premier league sides, Fleck and Armstrong benched and McGinn moved out wide to accommodate lesser players.