Georgia Match Thread. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Georgia Match Thread.

JagDude

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminded me of that game at Hampden against Lithuania in 2011. We created loads of chances but just couldn't score. Think Maloney (well done for the goal) should have been taken off at around 65 minutes, he looked completely knackered at the end. Really wish Naismith didn't have to take so many touches of the ball before he had a go at goal, just put your foot through it !

I really thought Grant Hanley and his massive head had a good game, a much improved player.

A wee bit of extra shooting practice wouldn't hurt our forwards. Still, a win is a win. Three points up and a clean sheet into the bargain. Mon Scotland !

Just back in from the game now. Good performance with Georgia looking unlikely to score, although our struggles in front of goal worry me. Qualification may come down to goals scored so we need to improve.

Solid enough at the back. Hanley growing in confidence and another good performance from Hutton. Really like the look of Robertson too - already a million times the footballer Whittaker will ever be. Brown was immense in midfield, but Morrison continues to dissapoint, with Maloney also poor I thought. Naismith and Fletcher worked hard but I've had my fill of strikers with a good engine but who don't score enough - must do better. Anya fantastic as always.

Attendance was dissapointing but not a surprise. A bit of a cathartic and emotional rendition of FoS. I liked just having the pipe band and a drum to keep time with no singer. Worked well and will be fantastic at a full CP next month.

A comfortable win but we need to put games to bed instead of having nail-biting last 10 minutes.

Ended up going despite initially saying I wouldn't, last minute decision made at 4 to make a dash for it, made it in just as teams were coming out! Perfect timing, really happy with the performance, thought the back 4 looked pretty solid, robertson brown and fletcher the stand outs for me! But a good performance from everyone I thought

Always hard to judge a game from being in the crowd & not watching it on TV, but...

Thought their right back seemed fast enough to cope with Anya and Robertson often wanted to hit the same areas as Anya, meaning Anya's threat was negated and it looked a bit messy at times.

Maloney is a waste of a shirt out wide & his delivery was poor. I've said if before, but play him in 'the hole' or not at all. Naismith's passing ability from 'the hole' wasn't good enough to set up some goals. And Morrison & Brown didn't arrive at the edge of the box to pick up loose rebounds/poor clearances.

Georgia were well organised and deep enough to limit our threat out wide where defenders often doubled up. We needed a creative player with great vision in 'the hole' to break them down. That should've been Maloney, Gauld, Bryson, Bannan, Dorrans or Morrison.

That for me was the main issue today. Naismith is great, but when there's more space and especially away from home, not when we are trying to break down a deep lying, weaker team set up to defend.

Just back in from the game now. Good performance with Georgia looking unlikely to score, although our struggles in front of goal worry me. Qualification may come down to goals scored so we need to improve.

Solid enough at the back. Hanley growing in confidence and another good performance from Hutton. Really like the look of Robertson too - already a million times the footballer Whittaker will ever be. Brown was immense in midfield, but Morrison continues to dissapoint, with Maloney also poor I thought. Naismith and Fletcher worked hard but I've had my fill of strikers with a good engine but who don't score enough - must do better. Anya fantastic as always.

Attendance was dissapointing but not a surprise. A bit of a cathartic and emotional rendition of FoS. I liked just having the pipe band and a drum to keep time with no singer. Worked well and will be fantastic at a full CP next month.

A comfortable win but we need to put games to bed instead of having nail-biting last 10 minutes.

You've seriously got to be joking about Morrison! Toss up between him and Broon for MotM.

Played well without being brilliant, it's the first time for a while we've been expected to be on the front foot and our system and players are more suited to counter attacking football. Should've had another two with the chances we had but main thing was we got the win and go to Poland with a bit of confidence from the result.

Scott Brown was the stand out man of the match for me! What a performance coming back from injury, he covered the entire park tonight!

Andy Robertson looks like the final piece in a solid,reliable back 4!

Proud of the lads tonight, some of the football was magic!

Unlucky to only score a single goal!